Tidal login failed (numerous times, problem exists months now

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, all latest updates, Roon, fully updated

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired connection on Cisco switch on Linksys Velop router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB dac

Description Of Issue

Tidal login failed
Happens easily 5 - 10 times in one afternoon.
Retry sometimes helps, somtimes you have to wait a few minutes to get back online. Mighty annoying.

Hello @L_Schnitzel, my apologies for the trouble here. Are you seeing this behavior on all devices, or just the Windows 10 core? If you’re already on version 610, have you tried changing the default browser for device you’re using Roon on? We’ve seen issues similar to what you’re reporting and have made some improvements in 571 and 610 for issues like these.

Hello Nuwriy,

I’m not sure if I understand your question.

The problem is on the core machine. And when it occurs on the core machine, it will automatically occur on any remote device, such as my Android devices. The ‘tidal login failed’ will show on Core and on remote devices simultaneously.

Hello @L_Schnitzel, do you see this issue if you bypass your switch and connect your PC directly to the router? What if you temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus? Does anything change?

Hi,

Bypassing switch is not an option because of sound quality and other devices connected such as the core itself (linksys Velop has only 1 wired connection per node)

I have no firewall and antivirus active.

Right this morning it is already the 5th time it happens.

Evrrything is working fine, Internet, tidal, Spotify.

But roon isn’t.

‘retry’ doesn’t work, cannot connect.

Hi @L_Schnitzel,

While I understand this isn’t an ideal long term solution, it would definitely be a great test. What we are seeing is that there appear to be some network issues occurring, and the best way to figure out where the issues are stemming from is to try to simplify the setup. If things work without the switch in place, then we can focus on the configuration of the switch. If it doesn’t work still, we know the issue is more broad.

I hope this helps clarify our request!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.