Tidal login fails

I haven’t changed my Tidal user name or password. All has been working fine - until today. Tidal fails to login, announcing “Bad User Name or Password.” If I use a browser and go to Tidal.com, I have no problem logging in to the service. But with Roon, using the exact same user name and password (which was the exact same user name and password that I’ve been using with Roon forever) fails. What gives?

@support

Thanks for reaching out, @Ronald_Lyster!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Since noticing this behavior have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

A reboot will typically help with this type of behavior, but if it does not, let’s try this:

• Close Roon, find your Roon database and delete the tidal_account file (Database > Registry > Core > tidal_account). Once you do this try to login again.
  • Check that your account is still active, as suggested here. In the past we have seen that you may be able to login to the TIDAL account in the TIDAL app, but the subscription itself may not be active therefore cannot connect to Roon.

Thanks,
Dylan

1 Like

Reboot seemed to solve things. That certainly was quick!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.