Tidal Login Issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Can’t login to Tidal account from Roon, regardless of Roon front-end used (Mac, iPhone, Android). Tidal account is fine and accessable via Tidal apps.
Tried to restart the Roon Core - didn’t help.

Please advise!
Thanks

Hi @Alexander_Krichevsky,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are you receiving any errors when you try to log in? If so, what are the errors?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
InnuOS Zenith MkII, OS Version 1.4.2
Roon version 1.6 (build 416) 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Orbi Pro Router(SRR60). Wired connection between Roon Core and the Router
I don’t use any VPN or scrumbling services.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
All audio devices are affected in all rooms, including: USB-connected Chord DAVE, Ethernet-connected Auralic Aries G2, Wireless-connected Samsugn Note 9 - all my devices

Description Of Issue
Can not login to Tidal via Roon: getting “bad user name or password” message regardless which Roon UI i’m using trying to connect (Samsung Note 9 phone, iMac computer, Auralic Aries G2 Lightning software on iPad, etc. Same error message.
If I go to Tidal directly, my account works, on any device.
The problem has started yesterday, there were no changes or upgrades of any kind. Last time it was working on Friday 7/12

If you were temporarily to use the iMac as your Core machine instead of a remote device are you able to login to TIDAL in Roon?

No. I can’t login to Tidal via Roon from anything. I can only login to Tidal via Tidal apps or other integrated solutions, like Auralic Lightning.

If you go to your TIDAL account (on the TIDAL website) and then go to subscription settings, can you verify that it is showing your account as active? What region is your TIDAL account for? In the past, we’ve seen similar behavior occur when there was an account problem that caused the account to not be active (i.e. you can log in to the TIDAL app but the account isn’t active).

If the account is fine, it sounds like there may be some networking troubles at play here causing Roon on the Core to not be able to access TIDAL. We’ve seen that Google DNS can help with type of issue, so it would be good to give that a try if possible.

My account is totally fine: active and accessible through all the integrations except Roon.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Logged out of TIDAL in Roon, can’t log back in

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.