Tidal login stopped working, results in endless loop

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology NAS DS918+ running Roon Core 1.7 build 537 stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus AC2900 and AC1900 routers connected in mesh formation via Asus “AiMesh”
AC2900 as main router, AC1900 as AiMesh node
AC2900 set to route the Synology NAS through a VPN connection (so Roon Core accesses the Internet over VPN)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iOS and Macbook clients. Tidal login problem happens regardless of client.

Description Of Issue

On iPad the Roon client displays “You aren’t currently signed into TIDAL.” and shows a button labeled “TIDAL Settings”. When I click on the button, and then click on the TIDAL “Login” button, I get bounced into a browser at “login.tidal.com” that correctly displays my user ID, and I click “Yes, continue”, which results in a confirmation screen with a pop-up saying “Open this page in “Roon”?” and when I click Open I’m bounced back into the Room iOS app. The problem is that that takes me back to a “You aren’t currently signed into TIDAL” screen, and from there it is an endless loop of doing the above cycle over and over again. If at any time I go to Settings > Services, TIDAL is listed as “Not configured” with a “Login” button that causes essentially the same cycle as above.

I have rebooted the NAS, rebooted the Roon Core several times, and the problem persists on the iPad, iPhone, and on the Macbook Air, all with their own Roon clients.

I have also signed out of and back into TIDAL at the spot in the above cycle where I get bounced to login.tidal.com, but with same results.

In the Roon clients, none of the searches result in any hits coming from TIDAL, only library hits.

Roon + TIDAL used to work just fine for months, until I noticed this issue yesterday. There has been no change in my setup since a few days ago when Roon + TIDAL was working just fine with the above setup.

I can log directly into TIDAL dot com and play songs outside of Roon without problems.

Please let me know what other info you need to debug this. Thank you.

[Edit: correct typos]

Hi @Behfar_Bastani,

What browser are you using to log in? Can you try using a different browser and let us know if it results in any change?

Same behavior on all browsers: Safari on latest iOS 13.5 (on iPhone & iPad), Chrome and Firefox and Safari on latest MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 (on Macbook Air).

Hi @Behfar_Bastani,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi Dylan,

The issue appears to have resolved as a result of upgrading the Core and the client from version 1.7 build 537 to build 555 this morning.

I launched Roon to reproduce the issue as requested, but saw a notification that an update was available, and after the update the Tidal login worked as normal. I have verified this on MacOS using Firefox (at 9:45am PT) and on iOS using Safari (at 9:53am PT).

I am still happy to help gather any data that might help, just let me know. In the meantime I’m happy to be using Roon with Tidal again!

Thank you,
Behfar

1 Like

That’s great news, @Behfar_Bastani!

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.