TIDAL login won't stick

Still having this problem.

Same here, TIDAL and qobuz both fail. Music from SSD plays flawlessly. LUMIN app also works perfectly fine with both, TIDAL and qobuz. The fault is clearly with ROON.

+1
Same here

Same here… never had a problem with Tidal. What are you guys doing at Roon?

To be 100% clear:

Qobuz issue: times out and shows the message I posted above. After a short while it does log in and if I hit Retry the message goes away and all is fine.

TIDAL issue: Every Roon Core restart requires that I re-autheticate via the web interface. It does not remember the authentication. Moreover, I need to log OUT of TIDAL in Safari, then log back in, for the authentication to happen.

Try this:

• Logout and disable Tidal account.
  • Shutdown Roon Core
  • Find your Roon database and delete the tidal_account file (Database > Registry > Core > tidal_account)
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop, or just delete it
  • Reboot Roon Core and login Tidal again
1 Like

I reboot my Core every day in summer due to thunderstorms and potential lightening strikes.

As It restarts I have also been noticing that Tidal does not auto connect as it used to.

There are currently issues with one of the big internet undersea cables to Africa which I suspect may be involved. The other option is that some streaming services are “saving” bandwidth by dropping HD Resolution on videos eg Netflix. Is Tidal doing something.

Once logged in Tidal works perfectly.

There is a lot going on in the world at the moment !!

Tried this. Did not find tidal_account in that location but found tidal_storage… Also deleted cache as you detailed.

Problem persists.

as a next step let’s try to refresh RAATServer to see if this helps:

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs
1 Like

Will not bother any further. This is for the Roon team to resolve.

Amen, Roon team needs to resolve this. I bet this quarantine is flushing a lot of bugs out. I hope they get swatted quickly. Roon sure has been quirky for me as of late.

Is working fine again. Thanks Peter, and say hello to Angus!

1 Like

I’m glad it works for you. In case you followed my suggestions, please state which posts of mine you followed. If not, please state how you resolved it.

It just worked again. Without a “cure”. Strange.

Hi @miguelito,

I just wanted to let you know that the team is currently testing some improvements to our TIDAL login process which we hope to be available soon, but I can’t provide specific timelines just yet. These changes should help to improve what you’re seeing here and we will be sure to keep you updated.

Thanks!

FYI, I still have this problem. You know… When TIDAL changed their authentication method, Audirvana followed suit with an update and it’s never been a problem there. I am really shocked how long these issues are taking with you guys (login and iOS instability).

Really, WTF?

I’m going to stop being so vocal about how nice Roon is to anyone until there’s some movement here. You’re really eroding my good will.

No one could tell. Jeez.

2 Likes

Guys: Running 1.7/537.

TIDAL login still does not persist on restart.

Everyone else seems to be able to get this right!

WTF?

Hi @miguelito,

Thanks for giving the latest update a try. I’d like to take a look at the diagnostics report on the new version — The next time you see TIDAL not logged in can you make a note of the timestamp and report back here?

Thansk!

I just restarted Roon and had the same issue. Time is 5:07pm EST.