Tidal media is loading slowly issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Home (64 bit), ver 1903
Roon ver 1.7 (build 505)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Grande Cable Internet (300Mbps) -> ARRIS SURFboard SB6121 4x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem -> NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R6700) -> cat6 cable -> TP-LINK TL-SG1005D 10/100/1000Mbps Unmanaged 5-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch, Power-Saving -> cat6 cable to motherboard gigabit ethernet and another cat6 cable to ultraRendu

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Windows 10 PC with Roon -> ultraRendu -> USB cable -> Schiit Bifrost 2 -> Drop THX AAA 789

Description Of Issue

I just started the 14 day free trial of Roon. I linked it to my Tidal account and use it with local files as well. When playing tracks from one of my Tidal playlists, the music plays fine for bit and then it pauses and I get this error message toward the bottom of the screen.

Immediately after this message appears, the next track in the queue starts playing…or at least it tries to start playing because sometimes it takes awhile to play. This issue occurs somewhat randomly, from every few minutes to over 20 minutes between occurences. It has happened once when the next track in the playlist was from the same album. It has also happened where Roon “completely breaks” when the error occurs - not even my local files will play and I have to restart Roon to fix it (until it breaks again).

So far, it doesn’t occur when I’m playing only local files in Roon with the exception of when it “completely breaks”.

Hello @Mkoll,

Can you please try outputting to “System Output” and let me know if you see the same behavior? Does this issue occur with all types of sample rates (MQA and regular 44.1kHz)?

Hi Noris,

I’ve been using Roon for the past 2 days and haven’t had the problem recur since I turned off and on my computer. It looks like all I needed was a system restart after installing Roon. Hopefully it stays this way.

Thank you.

Hi @Mkoll,

Thanks for the update here, if the issue returns, do let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.