Tidal Media is loading slowly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 (unfortunately)/ build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

no idea. it’s a super fast fiber optic connection from CenturyLink

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Nuprime IDA-8 via USB

Description Of Issue

every song I play via Tidal plays about 60-75%, then skips to the next song with error msg of “tidal is loading slowly”. It’s unlistenable, and pisses me off. :slight_smile: A potential clue: microsoft just updated my PC, then everything went crazy. Note: EVERYTIME microsoft pushes an update, I have to reinstall NuPrime drivers and reconfigure audio settings in Roon. It’s pretty annoying, given that microsoft updates their shitty software so frequently. But this time, my reinstallations/etc did not work. Thanks for your help, would really like to get this figured out before the weekend.

Hello @Colin_Garvey,

Do you see the same behavior when you play to the “System Output” zone in Roon? It would also be helpful if you could provide the results of a internet speediest from the PC. The speeds you receive from CenturyLink may not be representative of the speeds that your PC is actually connecting to the internet.

-John

Hi there, thanks for your help.
–Per Ookla speedtest, my download speeds are ~42mbps down, and 22mbps up
–I do not see the skipping behavior or error message when just playing system output zone

Hi @Colin_Garvey,

Thanks for letting us know that information. I would like to separate if this is an issue with the TIDAL streaming servers -> Core or if this is an issue with the DAC/Driver. Do you have any local media content saved on your PC?

If not, I would suggest downloading a few tracks from the 2L Test Bench that match the sample rate/bit-depth that you are trying to play from TIDAL and see if those play without issue on the DAC zone.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.