Tidal media loading slowly in spite of excellent network speed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10/i5, 16gb/Roon 1.7 build511 32 bit
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

COMPAL CH7465LG router. Computer connects to network via Ethernet cable. Connection to speakers is by USB cable.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Windows 10 Core as endpoint, multiple wifi endpoints (hifiberry, Chromecast, iOS) all display the same issues
Description Of Issue

I am getting the "tidal media loading slowly on ALL endpoints, including the wired main windows machine that runs also the Roon core. Speed tests are excellent both for wired and wireless connections. Restarted everything (Core, endpoints, router) with no improvement.

This has solved itself after half a day of misery. Since network performance was excellent I still believe this was a Roon problem. Would love to be proven wrong though

To prove it you should have tried the Tidal-app (without Roon)…
But it works now and that is the best thing :+1:

good point - I was so mad that it wasn’t working that this didn’t occur to me. Will keep in mind for next time…

1 Like

Hey @DanMtsn, I’m glad everything is working as intended now! Please let us know if you have further issues.

By the way, at this moment there are problems with Tidal (again).
See:

saw that, I suspect something similar happened to me and many other times as well. I think the Roon servers have problems often and we just ride them out, then support is “happy” that it all works as intended…

Hello @DanMtsn,

We apologize for the inconvenience, yesterday we had some issues with TIDAL integration but do let me know if this continues to be an issue for you and we’ll take it from there.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.