Tidal MQA Gives Error

Changing MQA Capabilities to No MQA Support does correct the issue.

Kind of defies logic though.

Yes, as with John, I can get the MQA song to play, but not surprisingly it will not do the second unfold.

Thanks for those additional details @GKern & @John_Conte, I have let the hardware team know to look into this further.

I’m having the same issue on my NAD T758. With MQA set to “Decoder and Renderer” I can’t play music from Tidal. With MQA set to “NoMQA Support” the music plays.

(BluOS 3.10.0, Roon 1.7 Build 610)

This issue is probably low priority for the support team but it happened exactly when I got my system to a point where I might be able to actually hear what MQA can offer. Any progress updates would be appreciated!

Hi @John_Conte,

We’re still working on investigating this issue and we’ve reached out to NAD.
No specific updates I can share at this time, but we’re looking into this.

1 Like

Have you tried “Renderer Only”?

Yes. Still gives the “Roon lost control of the audio device” error.

I was hoping the latest Roon update, 1.7 build 667, might resolve this issue but no.

NAD T 778 just updated BluOS to v3.12.2 but still can’t use MQA decoder and renderer.

Both the BluOs and the Roon updates were minor ones, if you read the relevant change logs.

I ended up just changing my Tidal settings to Hifi from Masters and then I don’t have to worry about it. I do not believe that one can hear a difference between the two - unless they are from different masters.

I found switching the m32 to turn off mqa renderer stops the error but I believe there is likely a quality reduction. My roon core is close enough to the Nad that I can use usb audio as well but it is a bit less convenient as I have to manually turn Nad on

Hi @John_Conte,

The NAD T778 is not yet a Roon Ready device and as such we cannot make any comments on what capabilities it has with Roon until certification is completed.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m hopeful that certification will bring an update that will provide full MQA support.

A post was split to a new topic: NAD M12 MQA Issue

Yes, still waiting.

Still waiting.

Still waiting for a solution for my NAD T758v3. Still not able to use “MQA decoder and renderer” playback, It’s almost half a year now…

1 Like

Latest T778 BluOS update provides Roon Ready certification and MQA Renderer and Decoder!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.