TIDAL MQA tracks muted with DSP on iFi Neo iDSD

I have having the same issues playing TIDAL MQA tracks on my iFi Neo iDSD which is MQA Decoder and Renderer. I have the Device set up as such.

The same problem was raised in MQA muting and not playing gapless to Ifi Nano IDSD BL but seems to not have been solved. The Neo iDSD is a relatively new product but people have reported this issue on other iFi DACs as well including the popular ZEN DAC NO gapless playback with TIDAL MQA on ifi ZEN Dac - #11 by euge_lee.

This happens when progressing to the next track and every now and then the track will play but no sound will come out. I have captured the signal path and the DAC display in these videos.

Please help as its becoming quite a bad experience listening to MQA.

Not sure what I need to do to get somebody to look at this and at least ask for more details, diagnostics etc.

This is clearly a problem for me and I have raised a request in the @support category. I don’t know what else I need to do.

I think it would help if you also share your settings as well.

Sure. Don’t think my environment has anything to do with this problem though. Its clearly a Roon problem specific to the iFi DAC.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon OS Version 1.0 (build 227) stable/Roon Core 1.8 (build 764) running on an Intel NUC10i7FNH with 8 GB RAM, 1 TB Internal HDD, 10 TB WD Elements external HDD connected via USB

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi Mesh Wifi, NUC connected via Ethernet to Powerline adapter, Endpoint connected over WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Macbook Pro running Roon Remote
iFi Neo iDSD DAC connected via USB
Audeze LCD-X Headphones

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.