TIDAL My Mix in roon? [Released in Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

Settings > Services > Tidal Edit button I think.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Right under my nose.

Also, in the Tidal Browser screen, you can sync with the circular arrow icon.

Cheers, Greg

3 Likes

Tidal’s new mix feature they just added I noticed this week is pretty awesome. I am now having to copy the mixes that Tidal comes up with and put in Roon because they are so good. Tidal has a focus/radio feature that works.

If tidal can do this what is precluding Roon?

2 Likes

This has definitely been mentioned as being on the roadmap for some time now. Hopefully 2019 bears fruit:

I think there are other more recent mentions as well. Perhaps others can chime in.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with Tidal Syncing

I really like to see this function also! I’m currently doing the 14 day trail but I’m missing this feature!

1 Like

I see the My Mix playlists now, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Where? They don’t show up for me.

@ged_hickman1outlined it earlier: Settings>>>Services>>>Tidal>>>Edit. After that, it will show up, assuming that you have added it as a Playlist in Tidal first.

I think Ali has created playlists from the mixes.

1 Like

Yes, I realized that. That’s what I don’t want to have to do though. My Mix should be integrated in Roon like the rest of Tidal is. Also the new “track radio” in Tidal doesn’t work in Roon. These new features are key and very important.

4 Likes

I don’t know about Tidal used via Roon contributing to mixes, because I haven’t been using Roon much. Tidal used via Sonos has definitely contributed to mixes, though.

Most likely Sonos and Roon are both using the same Tidal provided API. It is up to Tidal whether they use those “plays” in their algorithms, I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t (I hope they do!).

Rob.

I must have been dreaming here cannot find My Mixes in Plex now and Elan (from Plex) confirmed that Tidal don’t yet expose them through their API.

1 Like

Maybe you were confusing it with the Plex Mix functionality, which does something similar. Interesting to know that it’s not available via the API yet.

Hello all, potential Roon user here, I would love to see the My Mix feature added into Roon as well. It’s a great way to discover some new music.

Chris

1 Like

The last I saw Tidal hadn’t added this to their API so it can’t be done currently.

Is this documented somewhere? Be curious to see…

Latest version of BubbleUPnP for Android has support for Tidal My Mixes. Hoping this means Roon can implement it soon.

1 Like