TIDAL My Mix in roon? [Released in Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

I see the My Mix playlists now, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Where? They don’t show up for me.

@ged_hickman1outlined it earlier: Settings>>>Services>>>Tidal>>>Edit. After that, it will show up, assuming that you have added it as a Playlist in Tidal first.

I think Ali has created playlists from the mixes.

1 Like

Yes, I realized that. That’s what I don’t want to have to do though. My Mix should be integrated in Roon like the rest of Tidal is. Also the new “track radio” in Tidal doesn’t work in Roon. These new features are key and very important.

4 Likes

I don’t know about Tidal used via Roon contributing to mixes, because I haven’t been using Roon much. Tidal used via Sonos has definitely contributed to mixes, though.

Most likely Sonos and Roon are both using the same Tidal provided API. It is up to Tidal whether they use those “plays” in their algorithms, I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t (I hope they do!).

Rob.

I must have been dreaming here cannot find My Mixes in Plex now and Elan (from Plex) confirmed that Tidal don’t yet expose them through their API.

1 Like

Maybe you were confusing it with the Plex Mix functionality, which does something similar. Interesting to know that it’s not available via the API yet.

Hello all, potential Roon user here, I would love to see the My Mix feature added into Roon as well. It’s a great way to discover some new music.

Chris

1 Like

The last I saw Tidal hadn’t added this to their API so it can’t be done currently.

Is this documented somewhere? Be curious to see…

Latest version of BubbleUPnP for Android has support for Tidal My Mixes. Hoping this means Roon can implement it soon.

1 Like

This is cool. I was hoping that when this came to the Tidal API that the official Tidal app’s ‘suggested new tracks’ and ‘suggested new albums’ would also come to the API but it hasn’t.

Hopefully it does because I find that to be the best difference between Tidal’s official app and Roon… the ‘suggested new’ is based on artists you follow and other stuff and works a treat for me.

It’s a nice way of being notified of new music by artists you follow, so I’ve been using the official Tidal app quite a bit. If it comes to Roon, that will be fantastic. I find it’s radio much better too but that’s a separate thing.

3 Likes

I enjoy My Mixes on iPhone for car but am happy listening to Roon Radio when at home.

My Mixes and more artist mixes on iPhone are going to swing my choice of streamer from Qobuz to Tidal. Although I like the discounted purchase of hirez flac feature in Q and the pdf files on some albums.

+1 bump on this, I.e. Roon convinces Tidal to add this to their API.

1 Like

@danny is this at all a future possibility?

Can’t say I have been that impressed with My Mixes in Tidal so far, Roon Radio is far better at choosing stuff. Perhaps if Roon fed back to Tidal on what I played it might be better but it appears it doesn’t.

I’ve used Soundiiz (free account) to convert a few My Mixes to normal Tidal playlists which then sync to Roon and play.

They are OK but I too find Roon Radio better at finding new, interesting tracks for me

Tidal has a “new playlist” button on the My Mix page, so there’s no need to use soundiiz (unless it’s doing something extra). The playlist comes over to Roon.

But I agree, it would be great to have My Mix show up in Roon, because it updates.

6 Likes