TIDAL needs to login each time

I have exactly the same issue and exactly the same sentiment about the Roon’s canned responses. If there are some unresolved and famous (or infamous) known issues, please have them known to this community so we can patiently wait for solutions rather than keep having to restate the problem description, gather logs, etc. Please listen to customers’ pain. Thank you.

Hi @shinyc,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Our team is currently investigating these reports and, to aid in their investigation, we are hoping to gather data from anyone experiencing the issue. For most, TIDAL login seems to be working properly, and we haven’t been able to reproduce this behavior in house, so any additional information we can gather on those affected is helpful for the team.

Hi @dylan,

Please see the above thread for my setup description. Please note that the Tidal/Qobuz login failure is persisting on top of memory issue described in the above thread.

Same here. Both Tidal and Qobuz fail to auto-login upon roon’s startups. The Tidal login “retry” button takes me to the online login page. The Qobuz “retry” button lets login process fall through without taking me to the online page. I have about 2K albums from Tidal in my roon library and 20K from Qobuz. Could this be some sort of timeout limit issue, I wonder?

2 Likes

Hello @shinyc , we would like to learn more about the issue you’re having with TIDAL

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please follow the thread above for the info you requested.

Hello @shinyc, our team has asked me to grab diagnostic reports and timestamps from those with this issue so we can take a closer look. Could you please reproduce the login issue on your Mac mini and reply here (in your local time) with a timestamp when you do? I’d like to get the information over to our team.

It gets reproduced every morning at around 7:10 am (GMT+9).

Thanks! I’ll be in touch shortly.

Here are a bit more detailed breakdown of timestamps (observed this morning - May 7th):

1. macmini reboot @7:10am
  2. Tidal retry dialog box popped up @7:16am
  3. NAS library scan finished @7:26am
  4. Clicked the “Retry” button for Tidal connection @7:26am
  5. Qobuz retry dialog box popped up @7:26am
  6. Clicked the “Retry” button for Qobuz connection @7:27am

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hello @shinyc, thanks again for your report!

I have been discussing this issue with the technical team and we are aware of a few similar reports where users have to re-login to TIDAL upon Core reboot.

There is an active investigation in progress and QA is looking into what improvements can be made in this area of the login flow.

We appreciate your patience while this investigation is ongoing and apologies for the inconvenience of having to re-login when the Core is rebooted in the meantime.

And please don’t forget the fact that Qobuz has a similar issue per my last post. Thank you for your support.

This would be nice, as the issue currently is seen on my macbook pro, too.

Roon displays
Tidal login failed
Retry Ignore
Retrying opens tidal homepage from where it displays
Login as (name). Continue?
And then
Allow tidal to open in roon
Yes. No

This issue is persistent
At least for the time being
Kind regards
Torben

Hello @shinyc,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 571, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

Here are my findings after the 571.

1. Tidal login
Every time core is restarted, Tidal login failed message appears. Difference is now after clicking the retry button, roon does not take me to the Tidal login website. That is an improvement. Please keep at it that the tidal login failed message is gone forever.

2. Qobuz login
Again, I am still seeing Qobuz login failed message. Difference is now after clicking the retry button, it quits rather than trying to login. So I have to go to the setup page, then to the service tab, and manually login to Qobuz by typing password and enter.

3. not related to tidal nor qobuz
When I swipe the album view, it moves pageful at a time (i.e. mid-page stop is no longer possible). So the bug seems to be fixed. Now I am faced with a new (or old) problem. After minimizing (or put the roon in the background process) the roon program, if I bring it up again to the front, the screen is “white”. I have to quit and restart the roon client to get out of the white screen. I was so happy that the white screen issue was cleared in the previous version. Please do something about this.

Thank you.

1 Like

@shinyc is describing my experience with Tidal and Qobuz logins exactly.

Whatever Roon developers did that made them think they had solved the problem, it didn’t solve Tidal and it make Qobuz worse than before.

1 Like

I too see the Qobuz login failed message every time I launch Roon. Hitting retry fixes the login issue but still leaves me with an album not found screen.

Hello @shinyc,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 610, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

Hi @nuwriy,

My roonserver is having a trouble getting updated. I am getting the following error message:

There was an error checking for an update.

Is it because I am running a beta? Or should I download a regular load from your website and overwrite the current installation?

I just downloaded the latest loads from your website and installing them did the trick.