Tidal not playing but local music is

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK build 175

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Combination of MESH wifi and powerline adapters. Local music stored on separate NAS drive (ethernet via powerline)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

2x Squeezebox touches (via wifi), iPad (wifi), PC (powerlines/ethernet) Meridian 818v3 ( ethernet/powerline)

Description Of Issue

I have used Roon and Tidal for a couple of years and have not had any problem.
Over the past 24 hours, I have not been able to play any Tidal music, but local music is playing. When trying to play any Tidal music, there is a delay and then 1-2 seconds plays, and then another it comes and goes for a short while and then skips the track and then stops playing. The track (and picture) appears on the screen on the squeezebox. This is also the case for the Meridian (connected via a powerline).
Playing local music at high definition plays normally with no drop outs.
Playing Tidal on my phone (connected to my home wifi) plays normally.
Speedtest on my broadband is download speed of 37, upload speed of 5 and latency of 23.
I have logged out and then back in to Tidal.
I have deleted the cache on Rock.
I have rebooted the Rock and restarted the server.
The same problem continues.
Is there anything else I can do? It has been working well for a long time, and I am unsure why it has stopped.

Thanks,

Jason.

Have you restarted your entire network including Wi-Fi?

1 Like

Thanks.

I had turned off the router/internet connection and the back on and nothing changed.

However, as a last ditched attempt, I turned off the TP-Deco Mesh network and back on again, and it seems to be working (after testing immediately before doing this).

I have no idea why some of the systems (the desktop and the Meridian 818) that are not connected via wifi were not working, but now suddenly are after resetting the wifi.

Sometimes computers and networks just defy logic.

Anyway, all is now good with the world (or at least my household).

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.