TIDAL not updating / how do I tag songs?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac mini osx 10.9.5 2.3 ghz uibtek core i7 / Roon Server latest software
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

spectrum 100 gb internet regular stuff

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mac mini core - streaming tidal/qobuz to LuminD2 streamer. From Lumin output via xls to Krell EVO 202 preamp

Description Of Issue

I moved my core to my Mac mini from my iMac and now my Tidal playlists will not update at all even when I go on edit and force update. I have 211 tracks on my iPhone Tidal app in one playlist and only 200 on roon tidal. What do I do??? I have logged in and out of roon and tidal several times to no avail.

also
How on earth can I tag individual songs? I want to be able to just display all songs that I tagged with deep bass, downtempo/ chill etc. don’t want to make a separate playlist for these. I found a couple songs that let me add tags to them but 90% I click on doesn’t have that option when I click on the 3 little dots. How on earth do I do this ??? Thx

Hi @Gordon_Menninger,

How did you move from the Mac Mini to the iMac? Did you use a Time Machine restore or did you restore from a Roon backup?

Do you still have the Roon Core running on the Mac Mini?

These 11 tracks that are missing — Were they added after the move or did they show up on the old Core?

I just logged in to tidal on the new core (Mac mini). and synced it several times. Old core wasn’t updating properly either. What is going on?

https://kb.roonlabs.com :wink:

that doesn’t tell me anything

Hi @Gordon_Menninger,

Thanks for giving the old Core a try.

To clarify, is it all content that is not syncing anymore, or just these 11 tracks?

If you make a new playlist in TIDAL does it sync?

What if you add a favorite track or albums — does that sync?

all new content is not updating act all. New tidal playlist doesn’t show up. Faves do not sync either

Thanks for letting us know, @Gordon_Menninger.

It sounds like TIDAL integration in general is exhibiting an issue for you.

Can you elaborate a bit on your network setup? How is your Mac Mini connected to the network?

We’ve seen issues like this improved by using Cloudflare or Google DNS — Can you give that a try and let us know if it helps?

Mac mini is setup next to router and plugged into it. It is streaming tidal and quobuz just fine so network is not the issue . Pretty standard setup.

What is Cloudgare and google dns? Never heard of it

https://dnspropagation.net/google-dns/

Hi @Gordon_Menninger,

You can learn more about Google DNS and Cloudflare DNS in these links. Generally, they’re a service which we’ve found can help improve connection speed to TIDAL in cases similar to what you’re reporting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.