Tidal not working fully through Roon on server

Roon Core
Rockna Audio Wavedream

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Rockna Wavedream with Ethernet cable and HDMI to DAC

Description Of Issue
Tidal only gives me partial access to music through Roon. If I use Tidal directly through app on iPad it provides full Tidal access

Hi Ted,
Welcome to the Roon Community. Could you give some specific examples of what you are not seeing in Roon? Are there specific albums (e.g. recent releases), resolutions, or just some versions? If you have a specific example it would be helpful. Screenshots are always good if it’s complicated.

Hi Scott,
Thanks for reaching out. I have limited access on Tidal - example doing a search for Sam Smith yields nothing as if he doesn’t exist. If I use Tidal via the App on my iPad it accesses everything but via Roon on my server it doesn’t.
Thanks!
Ted

Sorry to start with the obvious, but do you see anything from Tidal?
Under Settings>Services you need to sign in there to get the service.
Sam Smith is a great example, you should get that under Search right away.
On the very top left of the Roon screen there is the stack ‘hamburger’. Browse Tidal should be there, and further down that column are the Settings.
What do you see there?

Yes. Under Tidal it shows me as “signed in” under my account under settings/services

What do you have Roon running on? How is the Roon core connected to the internet?
Did you just install Roon, or is this something that you are seeing just as you’ve set things up?
Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you select Browse>Tidal?

Hello @Ted_Smith,

I would try running your “Roon Core” on a Mac or PC in your household to see if you are able to reproduce this behavior with Tidal.

A. Using Roon on your PC/Mac, go to the Settings screen and disconnect from the Core.
B. Click on the “Use this PC/Mac” button.
C. Allow Roon to deauthorize your existing Roon Core. You will be able to switch the license back after the test.
D. Log into your Roon account, and add your Tidal subscription login info during the startup process.

Once you have configured your Roon Core instance on your Mac/PC and logged into Tidal, try doing the search again and let us know how it goes.

-John

When I disconnect from the Roon Core it doesn’t appear to offer me any tabs to choose my Mac as a Roon core. The only option appears to be a link to configure Roon OS devices on my network. If I select that option it appears to search indefinitely and doesn’t locate another device.

I am running Roon on my Rockna Audio Wavedream. I can’t seem to be able to paste my screenshot of my browse/Tidal page. But it shows me as logged into my account

Hi @Ted_Smith,

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing here?

Hi,
Here is a screenshot of when I disconnect from Roon.
Thanks!
Ted

Hi @Ted_Smith,

Thanks for the screenshot. It looks like the Mac Core isn’t being seen at all by the remote device.

Is the Mac on the same subnet as the remote device? Are other remote devices able to see the Mac?

My wdnet core is attached directly to the network via Ethernet cable. My iPad remote is on the same network. The iPad with the Roon App appears to be able to see the wdnet core and the SSD drive but only appears to be able to access limited tracks on Tidal. Does this help?
Thanks!!
Ted

Hi @Ted_Smith,

As mentioned by John above, you were going to try to run the Mac as your Core, correct?

Can you follow these directions while using Roon on the Mac and not on the iPad?

A. Using Roon on your PC/Mac, go to the Settings screen and disconnect from the Core.
B. Click on the “Use this PC/Mac” button.
C. Allow Roon to deauthorize your existing Roon Core. You will be able to switch the license back after the test.
D. Log into your Roon account, and add your Tidal subscription login info during the startup process.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,
Sorry for the delay. I was out of town and then I was having difficulty getting Roon to install on my MacBook Pro. Installing new operating system worked after a few tries.
Tidal appears to be working properly via my MacBook using it as the core. I can’t get it to duplicate the behaviour as it was using my iPad and my Rockna server as the core where it would only allow access to certain tracks on Tidal. Does this indicate that the problem may be in the Rockna server core or with the iPad?
Thanks!

Hi @Ted_Smith,

This indicates that there was an issue using specifically with the Rockna’s ability to play TIDAL content. Is there any difference in how the Rockna and the MacBook are currently connected to the network? If you connect the MacBook in the same exact way does the problem appear?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.