TIDAL performance in Roon is slow

Hi there, the same here. Slow performance of Tidal via Roon. When selecting an album from for instance, “Recommended”, it takes forever to load (and often not loading at all). When looking up the album by hand, everything is fine. It also works after restarting the Roon app.

René

Thanks for reaching out, @RM_Kamphuis!

I’ve moved your post to it’s own thread so we can take a closer look at what you may be experiencing. So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please also verify the following:

• Has this behavior always occurred in Roon, or is this a recent change?
  • Do you experience similar issues from the TIDAL app from the same Core machine?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi Dylan, thanks for the quick response.
He ris the summary of my setup:
Roon Version 1.5 (build 339) stable (64 bit)
OSX 10.13.6 (Macbook Air, 2011, 1,7Ghz, Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3) and Android 8.0.0. (Samsung Note 8).
Music stored on Synology DS218+, 6Gb memory, 2x4Tb WD-Red drives, USB 3.0 SSD 64GB (database)
Network through mesh Netgear Orbi RBK50, after fritzbox 7581 router, Synology wired connection on satellite. Wifi connection speed: 34,1Mbps download, 9,8Mbps upload. 1161 Tracks in the library.
Output is on KEF LS50Wireless.
And the problem is: browsing through specific lists (new, recommended, master or top20)on Tidal (in Roon) clicking on an album, nothing happens (the Roon logo indicates something is happening). Searching the album in the search field, and then clicking the album works always.

This seems to be not working since a few days. No action or occurrence seems to be the cause (no updates or anything like that)
I experience this on my Samsung Note 8 as well as on my Macbook.
Is this enough information for now?

Kind regards,
René

Thanks for the info here, @RM_Kamphuis!

Can you confirm if the Core machine is connected via Ethernet or WiFi? If it’s WiFi, can you try Ethernet instead and let us know if there’s any change?

In the past we have seen Google DNS help with similar reports. Can you try using Google DNS and let us know if you notice a change?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

Just want to let you know I managed to get my NAS directly on ethernet. And it works like a charm! Much more responsive and no waiting time at all.
Thanks for the advice again.

Kind regards,
René

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.