TIDAL performance issues when streaming to Bluesound Node 2 via Roon

Hi Eric, I have Blueos, Mconnect and Roon free trial on ipad…Tidal works fine with Mconnect, Bluesound node 2, on Roon it pauses, stops, and is slow? I’m using my laptop windows 8.1 as the temporary core. If this is how the product works it is not for me…I was planning to go with the Nucleus, and now I’m not sure if that will be a better way to use Roon, or will continue to be a problem? Give me some input here! I’m running a PS Audio Directstream…Everything working fine with the exception of Roon! Input please! John

@John_giancotti ---- In the interest of keeping your issues separate I have went ahead and moved your latest post to a new support thread in order to address this latest observation you have shared with me.

Moving forward, to help aide in my evaluation of this behavior may I kindly ask you for the following:

• Please provide the specs of the device currently hosting your Roon core (i.e the mentioned Win8.1 laptop).

• Please describe your network configuration/topology being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing. I want to have a clear understanding as to how your devices are communicating and all the tools involved with making those connection possible.

• Just to be clear, you are only making these observations when using Roon + TIDAL, correct? Locally stored content plays without issue, yes? Additionally, does Roon ever generate any warning messages when the issue occurs?

• Are you noticing this behavior when you are streaming to the Node2? The Directstream? Or both? If I have misinterpreted your configuration based on your words, my apologies, having some further insight would be appreciated!

-Eric

Please be sure to click “reply” to my response so I am notified that you have answered, thanks!

I emailed you the info you requested: The issue with Tidal skipping and stopping is only with Roon! It does not happen with PS Audio Dac, Mconnect, nor the Bluesound Node 2…Again only with Roon and Tidal…Any stored music on my laptop plays without incident…Network consists of Dell laptop as core with windows 8.1, Bluesound Node2, PS Audio Directstream Dac…Thats the entire network, other than Directv…This is a Temporary set up while using the free trial…My intentions were to buy a Nucleus, however if this persists I will have to rethink buying it…Message I get is Tidal loading too slow, and Media cannot load…

Hi @John_giancotti ---- Thank you for the follow up!

Can you please confirm where you have sent the mentioned email to? It would be best if you could post the requested information either in this thread OR if you would like to keep it confidential you can also send me a PM. Appreciated!

-Eric

This is brutal!!

@John_giancotti ---- In order to properly diagnose what could be causing this issue I need to have complete details in regard to your setup and network configuration. This is the only way I can identify any variables that could be having influence on this behavior.

-Eric

Hi @John_giancotti ---- Touching base with you on the above, thanks!

-Eric