TIDAL performing slowly

I have exactly the same issues as Magnus. About 8-12 seconds to start a Tidal track. Sometimes, After about 5-10 into the song it stops for a second or two then it continues. Occasionally it stops and I get a message saying something like “ Tidal is loading to slow. Check your network”.
However if I play an album through it’s just the first track that’s the problem. At least 9 times out of 10.

Occasionally that happens to me to.

Hey there @bigj,

I moved your post to it’s own thread so we can take a closer look at what you’re experiencing here. So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please also verify the following:

• Is this new behavior or has TIDAL always performed slowly for you?
  • Have you tried rebooting your Core machine?
  • In the past we have seen Google DNS help with similar reports. Can you try using Google DNS and let us know if you notice a change?

Thanks,
Dylan

Strange. This morning Tidal tracks and albums loaded as before ( 1-4 seconds).

1 Like

Hey @bigj,

I’m glad to hear that things are better for you now! If you see these issues return please let us know and we can take a closer look.

Thanks,
Dylan

Hey, dylan. This morning Tidal in Roon is slow again. But it’s very erratic. I have a hard time figuring out when it will be slow and when it’s fine. A think its at its worst when I skip from a track to another. Then it can take up to 20 secs to load a track. And it’s at it’s best playing an album through. Then it’s just the first track that’s taking 8+ secs to load.
Playing through the Tidal app is no problem.

Thanks for the update, @bigj, and apologies for the continuing difficulties here!

So we can take a closer look at this, can you give me some additional setup details as mentioned above:

Thanks!
Dylan