Tidal playback blocked

I have a persistent problem when trying to play tracks from Tidal in roon.

When attempting to play any (and every) album on Tidal, on playback I get the messages:
’ Track not available from Tidal ’
’ Too many failures ’

I have tried to log in and out of Tidal in roon and everything is showing under the Tidal tab in the roon menu, but the problem w playback still persists.
Tidal is working fine through my other interface (Linn Kazoo) and I should add that my Qobuz Sublime+ is working flawlessly in roon.
Other than the complete blockage of Tidal everything is working without any glitches.

I’m running roon 1.6(401) Core on a MacPro w 12GB ram using MacOS 10.11.16 > Cisco Catalyst 3750G switch > Linn Akurate Dsm Exakt.
My remotes are MacBook Pro and iPad.

Looking forward to your input, Thanks,

-a

@support I have had the same issue all day with all Tidal playback through Roon, not one album will play from Tidal.

If I use the Tidal app on my iPad I have no issues at all.

Re-booting my Core appears to have cured the issue. All is working as it should right now.

@support
I have tried the following;
Logged out from Tidal, rebooted Core computer & removed cache files from /Users/name/Library/Roon/Cache - no difference
Restarted roon - no difference
Rebooted Core computer - no difference
Logged out from Tidal and rebooted Core computer - no difference

Hi @Anders_Annerstedt,

Can you please check to see if the TIDAL Web Player (https://listen.tidal.com/) works as expected from the same PC that you have Roon installed on? Please let me know if you are able to play back a track all the way until the end (more than 30 seconds).

Thanks,
Noris

Hi@noris

Problem solved!

Tidal on my Mac Core had decided revert to an old obsolete account…
Currently wearing my dunce hat!;/

If I could offer a tip; error message is slightly misleading, f.i. it could could say ‘account inactive’
rather than ‘track not available’.

Thanks,
-anders

Hi @Anders_Annerstedt,

Glad to hear that the issue was with the TIDAL account and it is now resolved! I’ll talk to the team to see if we can add better messages here :slight_smile: . Hope you have a great continued Roon experience!

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.