Tidal playback does not work or only starts after several minutes

Hi!

Tidal playback does not work or only starts after several minutes.
Playing music stored in my library works perfectly. So far I have had no problem with the system. I was not home for about 2 weeks so I turned everything off. This problem has existed since I used it again.
What I was advised in the forum I have tried everything, but no results. (restarted everything several times, logged out and logged in again, chase cleared, dns checked)
I have tried the Tidal desktop application, it works perfectly!

My systems:
synology ds218+ 6gb, DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 2, Roon server
UPC connect box, TP Link TL-SG 1008D (wired)
Auralic Aries mini (wireless), m2tech young dsd mk3 dac,

Please help!

Thanks

Jani

(sorry, but i only speak a little english)

Hi @Jani_Jani,

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out to us here. I have a few follow-up questions so that I can better assist you:

1. Can you please try rebooting your Roon Core, Network and Endpoints as the first troubleshooting step? I would try to power off, wait 30 seconds and power back on.

2. Does this issue occur for multiple zones or just one of the zones? If this behavior occurs for both the Aires and other zones it would give us a good clue whether we should troubleshoot the Core or a single endpoint further.

3. Do you by any chance have OpenVswitch turned on in your Synology DSM settings? We have seen some strange behavior with this option turned on, so I would check to make sure that it wasn’t accidentally turned on with the DSM update.

4. How are your DNS servers configured for the Synology/Router? Are you using ISP provided ones or Google (8.8.8.8) / Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)?

Hi,

Is it possible that you are logged in to Tidal with more than 3 clients simultaneously? Tidal does allow 1 active and 2 inactive logged in clients.

Thank you for your help!

*Can you please try rebooting your Roon Core, Network and Endpoints as the first troubleshooting step? I would try to power off, wait 30 seconds and power back on.*

I tried this several times, no change.

*Does this issue occur for multiple zones or just one of the zones? If this behavior occurs for both the Aires and other zones it would give us a good clue whether we should troubleshoot the Core or a single endpoint further.*

I tried it at several endpoints. On my laptop, iphone, macpro, etc. everywhere the error occurs.

**Do you by any chance have OpenVswitch turned on in your Synology DSM settings? We have seen some strange behavior with this option turned on, so I would check to make sure that it wasn’t accidentally turned on with the DSM update.**

I’m looking for this because there is a recent update on Synology Nas. I’ll reply soon.

**How are your DNS servers configured for the Synology/Router? Are you using ISP provided ones or Google (8.8.8.8) / Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)?**

I’m using Google (8.8.8.8)

Thank you for your help!

Can you please try rebooting your Roon Core, Network and Endpoints as the first troubleshooting step? I would try to power off, wait 30 seconds and power back on.

I tried this several times, no change.

Does this issue occur for multiple zones or just one of the zones? If this behavior occurs for both the Aires and other zones it would give us a good clue whether we should troubleshoot the Core or a single endpoint further.

I tried it at several endpoints. On my laptop, iphone, macpro, etc. everywhere the error occurs.

Do you by any chance have OpenVswitch turned on in your Synology DSM settings? We have seen some strange behavior with this option turned on, so I would check to make sure that it wasn’t accidentally turned on with the DSM update.

I’m looking for this because there is a recent update on Synology Nas. I’ll reply soon.

How are your DNS servers configured for the Synology/Router? Are you using ISP provided ones or Google (8.8.8.8) / Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)?

I’m using Google (8.8.8.8)

Thanks for the idea!

I tried, there is only one logged in machine.
Now, at this moment, I tried. I start a music on Tidal, nothing happens and after about 3-4 minutes playback starts.

I checked the Synology settings. OpenVswitch is not enabled.

Hi @Jani_Jani,

Thank you for confirming those settings and the failure state. I am next wondering if this issue is network specific or Core specific.

If you by any chance have another PC around the house that can run Roon, can you verify if the same behavior occurs when using the same network connection as the Synology (e.g. if it is connected via Ethernet, can you use the same cable)?

As a precaution I would advise to make a Backup of your database prior to running this test.

I did a backup and installed roon core software on a laptop.
Tidal works perfectly. During this time I deleted everything from the NAS and restarted the system. I installed the Synology version of the roon server and then restored the database from the backup. Again, the same mistake, my own music works fine, but tidal music only starts 3-4-5 minutes after launch. I’m clueless!
I definitely want to run roon on Synology because it’s a convenient, fast, proven method, but something has happened lately because I haven’t had this problem before.
What might be the problem?

Hi @Jani_Jani,

Thank you for installing Roon on the laptop, we can confirm that the behavior is core-specific in this case.

Just to confirm here, you tried to reinstall the Roon app on your Synology and then restored the database? What if you try to reinstall the app and do not restore the database, is there any change in that regard?

Also, how was the laptop connected in this scenario, via WiFi or same Ethernet cable as the Synology? Have you tried a different Ethernet cable for the Synology connection and network port on the router yet? Sometimes Ethernet ports or cables go bad so I would check this next.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.