Tidal playing issues

@support

I’m having some trouble with playing songs via tidal on Roon. when I play a song about half way of the song the music stops and Roon gives me a error saying that tidal media is loading slow. this is due to network or connection problems. for my setup I’m using my iMac pro (2017) with version 1.5. I already tried deleting the cache and I also installed Roon again but nothing changed. my internet connection is wired with a speed of 40mb/s. this was the error code I got (dutch)

I encountered the same issue.
Go to Settings - Services - Tidal - Edit - Sync Library Now to resolve.
It worked for me.

Hello @Pim_Korver,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to assist here. Often times changing your DNS service to Google’s DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) in the router has resolved similar issues for users with TIDAL media loading slowly. I would give this a try as well as syncing your TIDAL library as @seagull mentioned, you can use this video as an instructional guide to change your DNS assuming you have a Netgear Router:

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Noris

hi guys thank you for your response but I tried both methods and I am still having the same problem so it didn’t work for me. @support

Hello @Pim_Korver,

Thanks for letting me know that changing the DNS has not resolved this issue. I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

I kindly ask for you to reproduce this issue and then note the exact local time in your country (ex. 10:05PM) that you notice the TIDAL interruption. Can you also please let me know, does this interruption occur for all of your audio zones or just one of the zones? Have you tried rebooting your Core, networking gear and DAC yet? That may also be a good troubleshooting step here.

Thanks,
Noris

I saw this too but all seems back to normal now

the errors where at 11:38 and I also got one at 11:40. I tested it on all of my audio zones and I only got the problem with my headphones all the other zones worked good. my headphone setup is as a day/amp I am using the Questyle cma600i and for headphones the audeze lcd-3. I have tried rebooting my core and the rest of my setup. I even reinstalled Roon. @support

quicke update I have turned off my computer and pulled out the plug for a minute than I cleared the cache and rebooted my core and it seems it is fixed for me. I think it was maybe stuck in a glitch. I don’t know If you see something weird at the times that I gave you but anyways thank you for the help everyone.

Hello @Pim_Korver,

Thanks for letting me know that you’re back up and running after a reboot. I have just checked out diagnostics system and it seems that the diagnostics from your machine have not made it through. Can I please ask you to manually send us the logs if this issue occurs again?

Also, since this issue was only affecting one of your zones, I would check to see if there are any driver/firmware updates available for your Questyle DAC. Please send us a copy of your logs if you would like for me to take a look.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Pim_Korver,

I just took another look and it seems that the diagnostics report from your machine has reached our servers. Based on what I’m seeing in the logs I would like to run two tests here:

Please let me know your findings when possible.

Thanks,
Noris