Tidal Playing Problems

I have problems with Tidal not playing music, Hifi Subscription. The albums all show up in roon and when I select play it seems to try to play it for a while and then move on to the next track on the album. This was happening with the last version of 1.4 and the new 1.5 build 320. Tidal works fine from the Tidal App on the MacBook.

The setup I have is the latest version of Rock on an I7 NUC with USB attached storage and as Endpoint an I3 Nuc with a Naim Dac V1 and a Mojo plugged into an oldish MacBook Pro. The network is all wired via power line adaptors and switches. The router etc are supplied by the landlord so not too sure - but everything works OK.

I have tried deleting the Cache off the server and logging out of and back into Tidal so far.

Any thoughts

Many Thanks in Advance

Stuart

Hello @Stuart_Potter,

Thanks for contacting support and I do apologize about the slight delay in getting back to you here, feedback regarding our products is always appreciated! To begin troubleshooting, can I please ask if you have tried restarting both the Intel NUC and any network hardware you have present? If possible, can you please try to reproduce the issue without the powerline adapters and connect the NUC directly via Ethernet (at least temporarily) to the router to see if this issue still persists?

Thanks,
Noris

Noris,

I have connected the core and mac endpoint directly to the router and rebooted everything and I still have the same problem.

Many Thanks

Stuart

Hello @Stuart_Potter,

Sorry to hear plugging into the router directly did not solve your issue, can you please try the following:

1. Temporarily disable the DSP for the affected audio zone, this can be done by clicking the volume button on the bottom right-hand corner of the Roon App -> DSP and setting the DSP Engine to Disabled. Please verify if the issue still persists after doing so.

2. If the issue still remains, can you please try enabling “Exclusive Mode” for the zone you are trying to play music to? This can be done in Settings -> Audio -> Clicking Settings for the affected device/zone -> Device Setup -> Enable Exclusive mode.

3. Have you updated the Niam DAC to the newest drivers? If you have not done so yet, I would also recommend doing that as well so we can narrow down where things are going wrong.

I’m thinking this could be because the Naim DAC is clashing with Roon’s DSP settings or another program is trying to take control of the DAC while Roon attempts to play music on it. If this is not the case, I can then suggest additional troubleshooting steps after you confirm the above.

Please let me know if any of these recommendations fix the issue!

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks Noris,

I am having these issues with more than my Naim Dac V1. As endpoints I have the Dac V1 + Nuc, B&O Beoplay M5 Via Airplay, Apple TV (4K) and a Chord Mojo on my MacBook pro. They all give me the same issue.

By update the Naim Dac V1 drivers how would I do that on a rock based NUC. The Dac has the latest Firmware December 2015. It did not get an update from Naim in April 2018 like the streaming products.

I will go through your list in detail tonight and over the weekend (Friday-Saturday here).

Many Thanks

Stuart

Hello @Stuart_Potter,

Thank you for your reply as it narrows down the list a bit of what can be going wrong here. Since this is affecting all of your audio zones, I now doubt that is a driver issue in the Naim DAC but increases the likelihood that it is an issue is related with your Roon Core processing TIDAL content. Can I please ask you to install the Roon Core on your laptop (at least temporarily) and see if you are still experiencing TIDAL skipping the tracks? After you have done so and can confirm TIDAL it is working with the Laptop as the Roon Core I can suggest additional troubleshooting steps for troubleshooting the NUC.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks Noris,

I have moved the core from my ROCK based I7 NUC to my MacBook pro. Tidal works ok when the MacBook Pro is used as the core. At this stage I have only checked the B&O Beoplay M5 with it.

Regards

Stuart

Noris,

I have also tried the Naim Dac V1 on the Rock Nuc endpoint and it id working OK with the MacBook as a core.

I have not imported my setting s from the back up on my MacBook - I have just selected some tidal tracks and not imported any of my own music.

Regards

Stuart

@Stuart_Potter Can you show a screen capture of the NUC web interface settings please. I’ve seen something like this before and recall it was some dns settings issue.

Wizard, please see below.

Many Thanks In Advance

Stuart

@Stuart_Potter Try adding 1.1.1.1 after the 192.168.0.1 with a space and see if that helps. Might be a good idea to reboot the rock too after adding it

I had a go doing it but it won’t let me edit the values in the DHCP section. I don’t have access into the router to change any settings in there either as it is rented accommodation with internet supplied.

Thanks

Stuart

You should be able to use a fixed IP address and change it perhaps - but you would need to know the DHCP pool of addresses to avoid… if the router has a basic factory setting then a bit of googling should point you to what that is.

Hello @Stuart_Potter and @wizardofoz,

Sorry about the slight delay in getting back to you here. From the screenshot you have provided I don’t think this is a DNS issue but rather can be an issue regarding RAATServer booting up. Before we start attempting to change the network setup I want to propose a simpler test.

I would like to see if we can trigger a change in behavior here by having you test your devices with a fresh “RAATServer” folder in place. With this in mind may I very kindly ask you to please to try the following steps (see below) and see if it resolves the issue you are facing. Looking forward to hearing your observations.

1. Before anything, please make a backup of your Roon Database.
  2. Next, please access ROCK’s webUI and stop the RoonServer process from running

Roon%20Server%20Reset

1. Once the RoonServer process has been stopped please connect to the ROCK and access the “Data” folder via another computer (i.e smb://ROCK/Data from your Macbook Finder). More information on how to perform this step can be found here

SMB%20Mac%20Connection

1. After you have accessed the “Data” folder please locate and delete the current “RAATServer” folder that’s in place.
    ROCK%20RAATServer%20Location

2. Now that the RAATServer folder has been deleted, start the RoonServer process again from the WebUI for Roon to generate a new RAATServer folder. Please let me know if this help resolve your issue.

Thanks,
Noris

Noris,

I have tried this and still it is not working. The library regenerated after about 30 seconds.

Many Thanks

Stuart

Hello @Stuart_Potter,

Sorry to hear that restarting the RAATServer had not resolved your issue. Moving forward, I would like to enable diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. What this action will do is the next time the application is active on your core device a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers. I will be sure to update this thread once the report has been received so you know we have it and then we can send it over to our tech team for further analysis. After we have received the logs I ask for a bit of your patience while our tech team attempts to identify what could be going wrong.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Stuart_Potter,

I can confirm that logs have been received by our diagnostic system and are in our tech teams queue for review. I will update any findings they have to share with you as soon as they complete their report. I appreciate your patience while they review.

Thanks,
Noris