Tidal Playlists -- two questions

They are under a lot of pressure to include a lot of features… each person thinks there one feature is both easy to implement and so obviously needed! So I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they started commenting on every request, they would never right any code or build integrations with new gear!

Here is my list for example:

Stronger Playlist integration has always been on my list.

You get the sense that the Roon devs are more focused on headline grabbing features like Valence, Partner integrations etc. - things you get to advertise on your website.
Rather than mundane stuff that improves the user experience - proper playlist management, consistent Tidal integration, logical operators in Focus, vertical scrolling for albums list, consistent Roon Radio interface, etc.

1 Like

+1 to this feature request. I use Roon on my home setup with a TIDAL subscription, but on the car I run TIDAL directly using my mobile phone and I listen to the same tracks over and over as I don’t ever make playlists in TIDAL. Come on, it can’t be that difficult!

2 Likes

+1. Why not let users choose? In the menu, specify can be changed or not…

I have “Shared Playlists” checked. Still out of 24 playilsts in Tidal, only 8 are in Roon. Why’s 1.8 so buggy?

Well it seems that a new problem has raised with tidal integration. Now a new tidal playlist created by myself does not show in Roon. Shared playlists enabled. Tidal updated in my services (even though I wonder if I have to always update tidal to have tidal personal playlists shown in Roon)

And the worst part is that apparently is very easy to perform that function. I also use BluOS app and with it you can edit your tidal playlist. So I don’t understand why Roon does not add that basic function.

1 Like