Tidal pops and stutters through Roon Core

Roon Core running on Windows 10 Intel i7 (processing speed 30x) 16 go Ram. LAN speed 53.95 mbps.
Help. Love Roon. Love tidal. Roon is great playing library, but recently after a gstrong textood 6 months, I started getting pops and stutters when I pass tidal through Roon. Tidal still plays great bypassing Roon direct to my Node 2i. Have experimented with Resync Delay (seems like a possibility) and Headroom Management (degraded sound quality)

Ideas?

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Same problem,

have you done a factory reset on the bluenode, because i had the same issue and the factory reset resolve the problem.

You don’t detail your network setup

I’m guessing WiFi ?

It is a problem with the Bluesound since last Bluesound update,
Test it with factory reset and empty shares/library!
For me it helps!

I hope Bluesound and Roon will fix it!

1 Like

Yes. But fast WiFi.

Hi @Richard_Winkelmann,

I would advise trying to perform a factory reset of your Node 2i, this has helped others with similar issues. Please let us know if the reset helps!

I have done a complete factory reset with Node. I also added Quboz and I still have the static (comes in and out every 30 seconds or so. So now both Tidal and Quboz have the problem. I was hoping that Roon 1.8 might help, but no. It is important to note that when I bypass Roon and stream tidal or Quboz to Node it sounds fantastic. Which points me back to Roon.

I actually had NOT done a complete factory reset. I thought I had. I finally reset it and set everything back up and the distortion is GONE.

The BlueSound Node, in my case, required that all cables were disconnected, not just the power cable. I had a midnight revelation and everything is fixed and perfect again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.