Tidal problem within roon

mac mini i7

Within Roon, Tidal fails to load albums. Tidal’s playlists are empty. For example “tidal rising” fails to load albums. Search in Tidal for some artists comes up with nothing yet the artist (added to my library) is in my personal playlist and the song plays but does not show up in library overview.

In Roon>services>Tidal>edit it shows “syncing library now” but never completes (several days now). I have to sign into Tidal every time I reopen Roon. This all seems to have come out of the blue because I had no issues up until a few days ago and I haven’t changed anything in my system.

When signing in to Tidal account on web browser, all is working fine. Tidal player works fine.

I’m connected via ethernet to apple time capsule. I have no other connection issues besides the Roon/Tidal issue.

Hi @Rumpole,

Can you please try to clear your TIDAL cache and verify if this helps?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Noris, thanks but I restored from backup and all seems to be working fine now. Just a little bit disconcerting that this got so screwed up and I don’t know how or why. I hadn’t made any changes to my Mac nor to Roon settings. It just seem so random.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Rumpole,

Thanks for letting me know that restoring from the backup resolved this issue for you! If you experience any other issues please do let us know and we can take another look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.