Tidal problems with Roon [Solved - Changed Router DNS]

Tidal crashes frequently with both 44.1 and MQA songs, I tried to put into practice all the suggestions I found in the forum in this regard but without any improvement. Outside of Roon tidal it works great …
Roon Core is installed on my pc i7 4.2 Ghz 16 Gb ram connected via ethernet cable to the modem, as endpoint I use a bryston bdp-1 connected to the network via powerline, which through bryston MPD software works perfectly without any blockage or slowdowns.
So I think the problem is due to Roon, can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thank you

Hello @Glimp,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to assist here. Can you please clarify what exactly you mean by “TIDAL crashes”? How exactly is it crashing? Do you see any error message be displayed in Roon?

Furthermore, we have often seen issues with powerline adapters in the mix for systems, does the same behavior still occur when you connect the BDP-1 directly to the router via Ethernet? Do your other zones work as expected except for the BDP-1? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello, @noris

his morning I had the same problems, a message appeared on Roon telling me that Tidal content was loaded slowly and that there might be a network or connection problem.

Now (afternoon) instead Roon works on both the PC and the bryston connected to the network via powerline. I think the problems that I have with Roon are due to my connection that has a speed of 6 Mbps even if outside of it with the application of Tidal or via web player I have never had any kind of problem, maybe Roon needs a faster connection speed? If so, do I have to resign myself?

Thank you

Hello @Glimp,

A 6Mbps connection isn’t great but there are ways to optimize it a bit. First thing I would do is remove the powerline adapters from the equation as that creates additional hops for the stream to reach your endpoint. Does the Brystron bdp-1 behave as expected when it is connected directly to your router or Core via USB?

You may also want to try changing your DNS server on your router to Google DNS or Cloudflare to see if that helps improve things. When exactly do you see the TIDAL issues with Roon? Are there other devices on your network that consume large amounts of bandwidth? Is there any way to restrict those devices in your router?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @noris,

I did a network restore in Windows 10 and set up Google DNS, now I have no more problems playing Tidal songs through Roon.

Thank you

1 Like

Great to hear that @Glimp!
Thanks again for contacting support and I wish you a pleasant listening experience! :headphones:

— Noris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.