Tidal,Qobuz and Roon down again

My Roon is stuck with the identification of new album I added (local library).

Also, it is not able to connect itself to internet.

1 Like

Whats annoying is that it’s saying check your internet connection when it’s nothing to do with our local connection at all. This sort of notification really needs to change as it causes customers confusion and troubleshooting their own networks when it’s completely unrelated and unnecessary. Roon needs to identify if this is a local or Roon base problem.

2 Likes

Come on Roon support - post an update. It’s a paid-for service after all…

1 Like

+1 and same (or at least similar) here. Really sucks. Saturday morning making breakfast for the family + coffee + Roon tunes is maybe my favorite part of the week…

I’m able to play Qobuz content that’s already in my library… but “search” to find an artist that is for sure in Qobuz but not in my local library and one that I have never searched Roon for before is completely useless right now. Was really looking forward to listening to a new album I “discovered” yesterday while at work and using Qobuz.

Qobuz seems to be working stand-alone. But our $500 piece of software isn’t…

Definitely an issue with Roon today. It works, but very intermittent.

Maybe because of new Qobuz pricing and new Qobuz subscribers, the Roon servers are overloading?

It’s just bloody annoying.
Like a lot of people, I work all week, and look forward to my weekend listening sessions.
NOT TODAY! :rage:

1 Like

+1

Slow and useless in Norway as well, just wanted to post to show my frustration. Stability must be priority number one.

1 Like

Same here. They said it had been fixed earlier this week but it is there once again, same symptoms everywhere apparently…

This is spoiling my enjoyment of music, which is the opposite of what I want Roon to be.

1 Like

Same problem here in Hong Kong. Also my iOS app keeps crashing at the same time.

Yep apps keep crashing on Android too, not happy at all it seems with the current situation.

Querry seems to be back up and working fine now for me… Thankfully.

Android phone, Android Tablet, and Win10 laptop.

Seems to have stabilised and normal speeds. Hope it sticks.

Roon ROCK on Intel NUC7i7BNH with 16Gb memory and 256Gb SSD.
Operating system v1.0 build 183, Roon Server v1.6 build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All endpoints connected cabled.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Berrystreamer Digi+ Pro
IQAudio PI-DAC Pro
iPad and iPhone

Description Of Issue

Same issue as last week, Roon works and can play Qobuz and Tidal files, but it is impossible to browse through Qobuz. Going to New Releases, Taste of Qobuz and the likes results in “Network error”.

This error occurred last weekend as well. For a paid subscription service like Roon this is unacceptable. I only have time to listen in the weekends and this is the second weekend that this happens and I cannot enjoy Roon.

My subscription ends end of this month. I was intending to buy Roon Lifetime but with this level of reliability I will not be doing this and look for other options.

Please fix this and make sure this does not reoccur, especially not in the weekend. I have just a few weekends left, I would really regret to have to say goodbye to Roon because of this because otherwise I really enjoy using Roon…

The same like most weekends
weekend + bad weather = lot of users using roon = lot of traffic = search and radio not useable

and no, it is not my internet connection, tidal content plays without any delay in roon, but everything that needs access to the roon servers is very slow

Yes I think you are right and for a paid software service that is unacceptable.

Same problem

I have discovered that the Qobuz app can stream to my Chromecast TV (a Sony) which then, through optical, feeds into my DAC which works up to 24/96. It’s certainly no Roon but it works and I can listen again.

I hope that Roon @support acts a lot faster than last week…

No errors, but so slow. Takes 30 seconds to get MyQobuz or MyTidal…

Start srteaming again! Thank you roon!
:globe_with_meridians::spider_web::computer::loud_sound::notes::slight_smile: