Tidal, Qobuz or both?

@Qobuz: If I understand you correctly, we get 2 months for free?

Itā€™s a free month for roon not Qobuz.

Pity for all the lifetime users of Roon with Qobuz. If you stay, you donā€™t get anything for free, but if youā€™re new, sure, here you goā€¦

They should have thought about it and come up with something that works for the lifetime users of Roon too! Something not understood well enough regarding the value/maintenance of their long term customers.

Ƅhm, why would u want a free month with Roonnif you are a lifetime member? You still get the free Qobuz like everyone elseā€¦ all good :blush:

Shouldnā€™t they post it on a Qobuz forum instead then? It may be me, but I want to see the Qobuz discount on these forums, not the Roon discounts offered by Qobuzā€¦

For A Lifetime user, I have had more than my monies worth already. You canā€™t have it allā€¦

1 Like

For Roon, yes, 100% agree, for Qobuzā€¦ not so muchā€¦

ā€¦ anywaysā€¦ Tidal, Qobuz, Tidal, Qobuz, Tidal, Qobuz, Tidal, Qobuz, Tidal, Qobuz, Tidal, Qobuzā€¦

ā€¦ I really canā€™t decideā€¦ :joy:

Do not take risksā€¦ go for both!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Where are the nice promoā€™s? Like:

Strangely I think Qobuz want to make money from their steaming and perhaps , just perhaps, they think if you havenā€™t been able to make up your mind after a monthā€™s FREE streaming youā€™re quite possibly trying to milk them.

For me, for the foreseeable, Iā€™ll go with both Tidal and Qobuz. What a wonderful facility for less than ā‚¬50/ month.

.sjb

3 Likes

I think I will stay with Tidal. Qobuz has a smaller catalogue for my taste and -most importantly- I cannot stream Qobuz to my standalone Heos speakers

And the winner isā€¦Qobuzā€¦:+1::+1::+1: (to be honest: I never liked Tidalā€¦:tired_face::tired_face:)

1 Like

Iā€™m still waiting for Qobuz to get their entire library online before I decide. While I like Qobuzā€™s ability to stream in high-res on iOS and I find their high-res quality better than Tidalā€™s MQA implementation, today Tidal has more of a complete catalog.

But again, Qobuz is in Beta and I am waiting for them to be out of it.

1 Like

Qobuz is not in Beta here in Germany and <I am missing about 30% of my independent/alternative/punk musicā€¦ also some lesser kown singer/songwriter stuff is missingā€¦ it would be great if Qobuz did some catching up hereā€¦ as I do really like the serviceā€¦

Before being a Roon addict, I have always prefered Qobuz to Tidal (mainly for jazz/classical/hi res). After I moved to Roon, I stopped Qobuz to have Tidal so very well integrated. As soon as Qobuz arrived, I did the opposite move and acitvated Qobuz and stopped Tidal (mainly because I dont want to pay both subscriptions).

Happy to be back on Qobuz but the integration is still not as good as Tidal in my personal tests. I hope it will evolve.

Questions:
For the ones like me that are able to do pingpong between both services, It would be nice that Tidal albums that are in my library are replaced by same Qobuz album if the same album is available (and reciprocally)? Would that be possible?

My Tidal subscription will end end of the month. What will happen to the Tidal albums that are in my collection? Will I continue seeing them but not be able to listen (deceptive)? Will they basically dissappear? And reappear if I subscribe back?

Using both - Qobuz sublime offers great value for high res purchase.

I have not done any comparison between the two since I do not have Tidal. For me the choice would be which one sounds better regardless of the catalog. If there are some albums that I just cannot live with out I might go out and purchase if I must. I also have a tendency of listening to music with random artist/albums/genre so I have plenty of options for music until I am 6ft under :wink:, with 45+ million.

I just started with roon and Iā€™m thrilled - I subscribed to Tidal and Qobuz and made a similar proposal (classical and jazz). I just noticed that in Tidal in some classic Cds the order of the tracks is not right.
https://tidal.com/album/55189849
https://tidal.com/album/20274616
https://tidal.com/album/12089648
https://tidal.com/album/12484638

This is not so important in playlists, but it really bothers opera. Iā€™m happy to dodge Qobuz.
I will buy the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 now - and then it starts!

Tried Qobuz in the past and again now. Not for me. For my taste of music it has a very limited catalogue. For mainstream it is about the same I guess and classical is supposed to be better but for indie labels, electronic music, hiphop (yes tere are people who actually like hiphop) and obscurities Tidal is allready on the border. Qobuz is way over of the border in limitation to me. Besides Tidal is working very hard on their own app at the moment with new features every month. Itā€™s tranforming from one of the worst out there to one of the better oneā€™s rapidly. Itā€™s almost becoming Roon on the go. It now has a very comprehensive album info with clickable credits on everything, just like Roon. It has Radio just like Roon. It has track and album based recommendations unlike Roon. It really is becoming better. Now if they only get rid of the black interface it might as well become an alternative to Roon. At least they triggered my curiousity with the tempo they are evolving at the moment.

3 Likes