Tidal + Roon Library = Nightmare

Hi @Framgeld,

I spoke with the team regarding their findings from the logs you sent over. They’re seeing signs that TIDAL seems to not be syncing properly sometimes which is why you’re seeing this.

The next time you delete something from TIDAL in Roon, can you check the Last Library Sync in Settings | Services | TIDAL and confirm that a sync appears after the deletion?

Hi @dylan

I tried your suggestion a few days ago. In my observation, it did not sync straight away (the time was approximately 10 minutes in the past). I triggered a manual sync at that point, and after the sync, an additional album was showing in the album count. However, sorting the albums by “added date, descending” does not show a new album as being added: it is as if an old album is being picked back up and the date/time assigned to it is the date/time that Roon believes it was added to TIDAL.

Hi @Framgeld,

I just followed up with a PM.

When I subscribed to Tidal, it added a large number of random, bizarre albums to my Roon library, that I then had to delete.
Qobuz working with Roon does not exhibit this strange behaviour.
I think it’s something specific to Tidal.

No it was something specific to Roon that if you had Tidal it offered you to add a selection of classics you could opt out. They removed the feature a while a go.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.