Tidal slow and intermittent

Roon Server Machine

Nucleus connected to router by Ethernet cable

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi router and three Orbi satellites all connected by Ethernet cables. The router is connected to fibre.

Connected Audio Devices

Six Devialet Phantom Operas operating in pairs and connected to the Orbi router via a switch with Ethernet cables.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Tidal is very slow and intermediate and the network error message shows up. The system was working fine 12 hours ago, so something has changed either at the Tidal or Roon end.

The router speeds are 933 mbs download and 520 mbs upload.

Hey @Michael_Frawley,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!

Amy Winehouse Back to Black - Rehab songonwards at 1.18 pm (now basically) and it is now 1.20 pm and it has skipped through six songs from the album

Okay more info:

1. Tidal to iPad works flawlessly

2. Tidal to Devialet Speakers (lounge) via iPad airplay erratic and unstable

3. Tidal via Roon to Devialet speakers is iPad erratic

4. Spotify to Devialet Speakers (lounge) via iPad airplay works fine

Issue is something to do with Devialet and Tidal.

Update - got everything running again by doing a factory reset of the Devialet Phantoms and rebooting and reloading the software on the Nucleus

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.