Tidal, then Roon "Network error: please check your internet connection" [resolved, no DNS resolution on machine]

@Support, After running Roon daily for over a year on Windows 10, I had a problem connecting to Tidal earlier in the week. In an effort to resolve this, I uninstalled Roon and deleted the database. Now after a clean install of Roon I get “Network error: please check you internet connection” when trying to log into Roon.

Please help.

Thanks,

Larry

HI @Larry_Mitchell ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. I would like to take a look at your logs and will be contacting you momentarily via PM with instructions.

-Eric

The logs show that your operating system is not being able to resolve DNS addresses. This is a networking issue on your machine – common public servers such as “pool.ntp.org” and our server addresses like “accounts5.roonlabs.com” are not resolving.

If this machine has networking access, you probably require a reboot of the machine and/or your router (possibly both).

Roon can not function without a properly functioning network.

Hi Danny and Eric,

That was it. Done, and everything is working.

Many thanks,

Larry

Evidently if one moves a NIC card from one slot to another, Windows doesn’t recognize the prior settings and move them with the card. Resetting the static network settings solved my issue here.