Tidal "this playlist is empty"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Antipodes DX Roon V1.7 build 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB Chord Dave

Description Of Issue
Mstewart

I use Tidal via Roon and in the last few weeks whenever I try and play anything from Tidal (album or Tidal playlist) I get the error message “This playlist is empty”. No tracks are listed.
As a result I cannot of course use Tidal at all at present.
Tidal provided one idea but that was not successful so advised me to contact Roon support.

Could you restart Roon Server from Apps/Roon Server in the Antipodes GUI and see if Tidal playlists are now populated?

Hi @Mark_Stewart,

Is there any change if you reboot your Core machine?

Any change if you sign out of TIDAL in Roon and then sign back in?

Is this happening with every playlist?

Hi @Tony_Devitt
I had rebooted the Antipodes a number of times to try and fix to no avail. I assumed that this rebooted the Roon server. I rebooted the Roon server separately as you suggested and now all good! So thanks so much.
For my info, why is a separate reboot of the Roon server effective and not a reboot of the Antipodes itself?

Hi @dylan
Refer my response to Tony.

I don’t know, possibly a timing difference between an initial startup and a restart?
This is what I see this morning:

I am logged into Tidal OK. The Roon log shows a number of entries like this:

HTTP 403 being ‘Access forbidden’.
After Roon Server restart I see:

Hi Tony.

I don’t know what all that means, but it all seems to be working OK this end. I guess just see how it all goes.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.