Tidal, "This track is not currently available from Tidal"

HI, I am a new user, weighing up the offering on the 14 day trial.

My problem is trying to use Tidal content. I have set up Roon Core on a laptop (see below) and have added two services; Qobus and Tidal, both Hi-Res subscriptions. I have set up two users (my wife Jayne and I). If I log out of Jayne’s Tidal, all is well. When I log in to Jayne’s Tidal account, the discovery screen is rich with suggestions, but none of them will play (I can’t seem to get ANY Tidal content playing). The error message is “This is not currently available from TIDAL” and then sometimes followed by a “Too many failures. Stopping Playback” error message.

Set-up:
BlueSound; Node 2i feeding a B&O BeoSound 9000 through the AUX port (running Beosound 3500 speakers x2).+ Blusound Pulse Soundbar 2i (feeding 2x Flex 2i and a Bluesound Sub), all on WiFi. The Roon Core (1.7, build 571, 64 bit) is running on a Sony laptop (running Windows 10 home, ver 1909, 64 bit), intel i7 via. Using an iPad pro as Roon controller.

The router is a ‘Technicolour DGA2231’ and we generally achieve >40 Mb/s on a slow day, generally >65 Mb/s. We have a small home with good Wi Fi coverage throughout.

Hoping to resolve the issues so I can use a Pi HAT to more B&O equipment.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Pete

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tidal errors straight out of the box