Tidal track shows as unavailable in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC (i3-7100)/4 GB RAM/ Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Roon 1.7 (build 610)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connected.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Nuc connected via USB 2 to Motu 8A DAC.

Description Of Issue

Tracks available in Tidal (through Tidal app) show up as unavailable in Roon.
For eample: Juno- Music from the motion picture .Track 1,2,5 are available in Roon, but not tracks 3,4. All tracks are availble if c

onnect directly to Tidal (outside of Roon).

Hello @Omid_Mostachfi, and thanks for your report! Could you please temporarily disable your firewall/antivirus and see if you’re able to play those same tracks?

Thank you for the suggestion @nuwriy. Unfortunately, it did not make a difference. The tracks are still unavailable. Do you mind trying on your Roon (provided you have Tidal)? Others have reported similar problems in the past (Tidal tracks available on Tidal app, but not through Roon). I suspect this is a Roon issue rather than a problem with my setup.

It’s the same for me. Most of the tracks via Roon are listed as unavailable, but the whole album is avaialble via the Tidal app.

Hello @Omid_Mostachfi, you’re absolutely correct and I’m getting the same result for that album. I’m going to bring this up to my team for further feedback, please stand by!

Just a bump. Any updates on this issue?

When I view this album on listen.tidal.com, I see that tracks 4, 17, and 18 are unavailable. In Roon, those same three are unavailable plus quite a few more. I wonder if Roon’s indexing client is retrying excessively on the unavailable tracks, causing TIDAL’s API to rate-limit or reject indexing calls for these other tracks.

I don’t actually have any in-depth knowledge of TIDAL’s API, but I’ve seen this failure mode in other services with defensively implemented APIs.

I have experienced the same issue repeatedly in the past. Most recently on the album “Trilogy” by Chick Corea : 100% available in the Tidal app. In Roon, all but one track (#4: Work) are unavailable.

Could someone with a Qobus account verify Tidal track availability?

Please advise.

In Qobuz via roon.
I’m presuming this is the three disc version of trilogy.
None available apart from disc 1 track 4.
In the Qobuz native app they are all marked up as “sample” apart from 1.4.

Thanks for the info.
The same as in Roon then. Only track 1.4 is fully available in Qobus.
But everything available in native TIDAL.

That would point in API related issues. Maybe Tidal prioritizes “native Tidal users” over “API users” (i.e. access via a partner API) under certain circumstances?

Are there any experts out there who could shed some light on this thesis?

Thanks.

3 posts were split to a new topic: All TIDAL tracks unavailable for playback

Same issue for me

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/tracks-available-in-tidal-but-unavailable-in-roon/55059/22?u=hakon_berg

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.