Tidal tracks available to browse, but will not play

@Noris. Thanks for helping Mark with this. I was with Mark when we did some testing, trying to resolve the issue.
What was readily apparent was that temporarily disabling the firewall on his router immediately fixed the issue and Tidal playback worked. So this would appear to be an issue relating to the Tidal service as implemented in ROCK OS as Roon Core on other devices such as his Win laptop do not have this issue. This is with the same account and the same router.

Apologies if this information has been provided before, just wanted it to be clear that this is I think likely not an account/sub issue.

1 Like

Hi @mark_Manwaring-White & @Robert_Stanley,

Thank you for providing that additional information! I have also discussed this case with our technical team and I have some further feedback for you here.

This is a very interesting data point to have, according to the logs it looked as if the tidal account was missing data that other accounts typically have, although this could have just been a side-effect of the firewall blocking the request.

What aspect of the firewall are you disabling to get it to work, is it not possible to set these up as exceptions? Would you by any chance have access to another non-ISP router and try to use it instead of the current BT Router and place the current router in bridge mode (modem only mode)?

No I do not have this easily option…But we actually turned off the firewall 100% and it worked immediately… Anyway I am going to try logging out of Tidal and resetting etc. once more!

1 Like

Hello,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 710, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.