Tidal Tracks Caused ROCK Crash (ref#8GNT40)

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· I am experiencing freezes or crashes

Describe the issue

Playing Tidal tracks caused ROCK crash

Describe your network setup

Buffalo ■■-GS2016 network switch, TP-LINK TL-R473G router, TP-LINK TL-XDL3010 WIFI AP

It is related to the previous issue I reported a few days ago. I am not sure what happend after upgrade the new verison, the Codec file was missing. After reload Codec file, I can play the stored album link from Tidal which recognized as FLAC tracks without problem. If I play the new playlists, Roon alwasy recognizes the tracks as ACC tracks and a sharp noise is played at the begining, then the ROCK will crash. I have to reboot the ROCK to play other music. It is not a VPN issue. I can play music in Tidal APP without VPN connection.

Just find the issue that the quality setting at Tidal service was set to low. After setting to Max, the problem is gone. I am wondering why to play a low quality music will cause the ROCK to crash?

Hey @Depei_Wang,

Thanks for writing in, and I’m glad to hear you were able to pin down your issue!

If possible, could you please recreate the issue, and share the specific track name of both the low quality track as well as Tidal MAX format track?

Lastly, if you could please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I tried several times and I can’t reproduce the issue right now. Maybe it is related with the network connection condition.

1 Like

Hi @Depei_Wang,

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll leave the thread open for another day to see if the issue re-appears. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.