Tidal Tracks Stuttering

Roon Core Machine

SGC i9 with 32 Gigs Ram. Roon Core 2.0 build 1311

Networking Gear & Setup Details

The system is hardwired via Ethernet through an English Electric Switch from the router which is connected to a cable modem.

Connected Audio Devices

All network connections Gigabit Ethernet. All audio devices connected to English Electric Switch. That switch is connected directly to the router.

Router → English Electric Switch → SGC i9 → Innous Zenith Mark 2 → USB → Innous Phoenix → USB → Aqua Formula DAC.

Number of Tracks in Library

9236 tracks

Description of Issue

Tidal tracks stutter. Quobuz and local tracks do not stutter.

1 Like

Have you tried logging out of Tidal in Roon, switching off the core, and restarting it and then log in to tidal and let it resync?

1 Like

Thank you. I logged out of Tidal. Rebooted my SGC Roon server. Logged back in. Stuttering is gone.

1 Like

Amazing. This fixed the same problem for me as well. Thank you!

1 Like

Most welcome. I found this corrected the issue for me a while ago. Glad I could help! :grinning::+1:

Problem reoccurred. Redid the fix. No dice.

BTW there is a resync button on the Tidal Service tab.

Tried changing the streaming quality to normal. Problem eliminated. Changed to HiFi, problem returned.

Made the Roon Core the only priority destination on my Velop mesh router. Problem eliminated even with quality set to Master.

Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.