TIDAL tracks won't play

Tidal will not play within Roon. Tidal is connected and can add albums to play list, but when play is selected, it hangs. You can hit pause and clear the play list, and play anything from the local library, but when a Tidal album or track is selected and play is hit for the track or by selecting “play now”, nothing happens. Tidal works fine in the Tidal stand-alone app for Mac OS, IOS, or Apple TV within my network environment.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sorry - it wouldn’t let me post the form (got a new user limited to 2 links error)

I am using a QNAP TS 673XT - Core i3-8100/Roon Server 2021-02-01
TP Link AX-6000 Router, Netgear JGS516PE Switch- Wired Ethernet - Roon App on devices are Macbook Pro or iPhone 12 Pro (IOS or Mac OS) wireless. Playback devices either Mac Speakers or Marantz AV8802 via airplay or Apple TV input to Marantz.

Hi @Craig_Allen and a very belated welcome to the Roon community :wave:

I am mortified that we have missed your post for almost a month. Please, accept my apology :pleading_face: While things are getting so much better when it comes to our response times, we’re still behind on a few threads. I’m sorry yours was one of them.

I was wondering if you’re still experiencing this behavior? Could you please share any other useful information from the past weeks?

Thank you so much! :pray:

I am/was. I removed the Roon Core App from my NAS but since QNAP pulled it for the security issue, I haven’t been able to download and reinstall it. So currently not using Roon. To make sure that it was Roon Core and nothing else, I am able to get the Roon/Plex integration to work so definitely something with the QNAP Roon Core App.