Tidal transport failure

Hey @Kaiwen_Zhao,

Our technical staff is still running an analysis on the diagnostics report, but I was hoping to get a bit more information to pass along to them by proposing a couple tests.

• Can you try connecting your Core directly to your router (removing the switch from the equation)?
  • Can you try playing directly to system output of your Windows 10 remote device? Do you still experience the same behavior?
  • If you have DSP Engine enabled, try disabling it.
  • Can you try playing using the TIDAL app? Do you experience similar difficulties directly in TIDAL?

Regards,
Dylan

The problem is still there when the core is connected directly to the router.
I’ve tried system output and experienced the same behavior as you instructed me 2 days ago.
The DSP Engine is always disabled.
The Tidal app is working on my PC as I described 3 days ago.

Thanks for confirming, @Kaiwen_Zhao.

Here’s what I’d like to propose next.

1. In the past, we’ve seen that some have had success using Google DNS to improve their TIDAL experience. Try following the instructions in that link and see if the experience improves.
  2. If the above does not yield positive results, please reproduce the problem a few more times and then let me know when you’ve done that. I will enable diagnostics on your account and get a new diagnostics report to aid in the technical staff’s investigation.

Regards,
Dylan

I tried google DNS on my PC and get the same problem at 9:00 am May 25th. I cannot change my roon core device settings. The only thing I can do is to change my setting of roon remote device. I tried to reproduce the error a few more times between 9:04 and 9:08

Thanks, @Kaiwen_Zhao.

I have enabled diagnostics on your account again so our technical staff can get some additional information. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Thanks,
Dylan

I forgot to add that, the time I offered is CST. I am in IL.

Hey @Kaiwen_Zhao,

Just wanted to confirm that the report has been received and is with the technical staff for analysis.

In the meantime, I would like to recommend another troubleshooting step:

1. Shutdown your Roon Core
  2. Find and open your Roon database
  3. Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  4. Move the contents of the /Cahce folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  5. Try restarting Roon and syncing Tidal

Let me know if the above improves your experience at all.

Regards,
Dylan

Hi, Dylan,
I tried to remove the Cache. And I got the same problem.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear that did not work, @Kaiwen_Zhao.

I just wanted to let you know that the technical staff is currently investigating this and are continuing to analyze the diagnostics report. I will be sure to update you ASAP when I hear from them regarding this.

-Dylan

Hey @Kaiwen_Zhao — Thank you for your patience as we investigate here.

I spoke with the technical team regarding their findings. Based on what they’ve found in the diagnostics report, it appears that the troubles streaming TIDAL are related to a possible networking issue.

The technical team recommends looking into any other network related apps that may be running, such as VPN, VoiP, or antivirus apps. If you have any such apps, please try disabling them and see if you experience the same behavior. I know you mentioned that you disabled your firewall previously, but I would check to verify that it is still disabled and see if there are any firewall settings on your router that you can disable as well.

Regards,
Dylan

I cannot change the settings of the roon core device. Perhaps the error comes from the update of my transport. I will switch to use my PC as the core and my transport as HQplayer server. Then I can avoid to stream tidal directly to my transport. Perhaps in future Roon versions the playback maybe available again.