TIDAL will not play on ROON

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell Windows 10 Intel Core i5 7400 CPU 3.0 GHz 8Gb RAM / Roon Version 1.7 build 667 stable 64bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Ethernet to Project Stream Box and Project S2 Digital connected via USB to computer. Stream Box controlled with Android Tablet over WiFi Netgear WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

See Above

Description Of Issue

Beginning last week TIDAL quit working almost completely. Occasionally I might get a song. Usually the response is “Track is not currently available from TIDAL.” below that it says “Too many failures stopping playback”.

I have rebooted the computer, re-entered Roon and logged out of and back in to Tidal. Problem continues.

Please advise.

Can you play music ok using the tidal web browser interface?

Yes. No problem with the TIDAL subscription.

In looking further at my history, it is only playing songs stored on my computer. If the is a T next to the song, it won’t play.

try logging out of Tidal in Roon and logging back in again.

1 Like

Hi @William_Prim,

Were you able to try logging out and back in? Was there any change?

Have you noticed any patterns here? Is it always certain songs that will play while others won’t?

I have logged out and logged back in twice to no avail.

There is a pattern and it is that Tidal does not play at all. All playable songs have been from my library on my PC.

My Tidal subscription is up to date and I am able to play Tidal songs on their web portal.

Please advise.

Is it possible that Virus protection software or my firewall would block Tidal?

That is the only thing that I can think of.

Tidal is not listed as an app allowed through the firewall. Roon is allowed through public and private.

Hello @William_Prim, if you temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus and try playing TIDAL via Roon to system output, are you able to do so?

I have this problem too.

So rather than resurrect an old thread, please open a new support request, and be sure to describe your setup and the issue completely by following the guidance here: