Tidal won’t work anymore

I’m using both tidal and qobuz.
For some reason tidal always failes. I’ve logged out of tidal and re-logged in and rebooted the core PC.
It still fails.

Describe the way it does so and your equipment and network to help diagnosis.

Hi @Markus_Menasci,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

In the past we have seen Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS improve TIDAL behavior. If you give one of those a try is there any improvement?

Just to verify, Qobuz is working without issue, correct?

Core:
Windows 10 PC
Roon 1.6 (Build 390) Stable (64bit)
Using Google DNS 8.8.8.8

Endpoint:
Microrendu

Everything is hardwired
Router: Netgear R7000

Yes, Qobuz works perfectly.

Hi @Markus_Menasci,

First, check that your account is still active, as suggested here . In the past we have seen that you may be able to login to the TIDAL account in the TIDAL app, but the subscription itself may not be active therefore cannot connect to Roon.

Are you able to play TIDAL content outside of Roon from this Core?

If you’ve confirmed that your account is active, stop RoonServer on your Core, find your Roon database and delete the tidal_account file (Database > Registry > Core > tidal_account). Once you do this try to login again.

Ok it’s working now. Thank you for the help!
Here is what happened…
I had an older Tidal account that I had cancelled and signed up for a new promotional deal with a different email address. The old one continued to work through the end of the month. I didn’t realize that I was still logging into Tidal with the old email address. Yes, I feel stupid now.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.