Tidals masters list missing in Roon

Any update yet ?

1:44pm windows 10 client it said error check network connection for about half a second, I wonder if this has anything to do with it, tidal masters is still not showing up.

Ryan

Hi @Ryan_Sayce ---- Thank you for the continued feedback here but more importantly, thank you for your patience while I have been waiting for an update from our tech team on your issue.

Continuing forward, I touched base with the team this morning as they have completed their analysis of the diagnostics report we have received from your system. As per our conversation the team has noted that they are seeing failures in the log traces when the NAS is trying to communicate with our servers. In light of this discovery the team has asked me to gather the following information from you:

• Please confirm that the NAS isn’t running any firewalls, antivirus applications, or torrent software.
  • Please confirm if the NAS is running any non-roon related tasks while you are trying to run RoonSevre on the 916+.

Additionally, the team has some concerns with the NAS potentially underperforming. I took a look at the specs of the 916+ and see that it is making use of a Intel Pentium N3710 1.6 GHz which I fear may be struggling. Can you confirm for me that you are making use of an SSD to house your Roon database as recommended in our knowledge base here.

-Eric

I have zero problems playing any of the files on the hdd they load instantly and without problem despite there being over 4,000 albums and the artwork is instant as well. So I don’t see that it is a performance issue myself, but of course I am not the expert. Roon itself is PERFECT, my only problem is with streaming tidal inside roon.
My only problem is when loading tidal, the songs take ages to start playing and masters doesn’t show half the time.
I have a firewall and a anti virus running I will disable those and get back to you. Do I need to reload Roon after disabling them ?

Ok disabled antivirus, firewall and masters is now showing and tidal tracks are playing instantly.
I will give it a few days to see if it continues to work, if it does do we have any idea of a fix as obviously not having a firewall or antivirus is not a ideal.

Nope sorry didn’t work, while the songs play faster on tidal in roon it still seems a lottery as if masters tab was there. It was on my apple air laptop but not on my samsung s8 and was on my windows 10 pc then i turned off pc and turned it back on and it was gone again.

No torrent software running, nothing like plex or anything else in the background either. It is connected to the router via cat 6 lan cable that I have also tried replacing with nice supra stuff which has made no difference.

It’s not installed on a ssd because I can’t afford to lose the massive amount of space I would lose by installing 4 ssds, it is however running on 4 WD caviar reds in raid.

However I just hit the refresh button once or twice on the Albums page and the masters tab appears.

If I hit the refresh button on the tidal main page of roon then it shows the masters tab, I can live with this although it is strange why it doesn’t show it on first load.

Also thank you so much for your inclusion of MQA support on new update.

Hi @Ryan_Sayce ----- Thank you again for the continued insight into this issue but more importantly, thank you for your patience here.

I have updated your ticket with all of your recent feedback. Based on your observations, it would appear that this issue seems to be localized to 916+ and due to the processor in the device I am still concerned that maybe related to a performance issue. However, I have a meeting with one our senior DEVs later in the week and will be escalating the issue to see if there’s something soluble here.

-Eric

Just thought I would let you know, I ran Roon and specifically the MQA section and my cpu usage on the synology never goes past 55% and that is only on first decode of the MQA track and down to 20-30% for the remainder of the track.
On first load of Roon control app on windows and it connecting to the roon core on the synology the cpu usage peaks at at around 35%

Ram usage pretty much continually stays at 24%

Hey @Ryan_Sayce – thanks for bearing with us on this. Definitely a frustrating one, and I think there may be more than one issues at play here.

First of all, I understand that the Synology you’re using a reasonably fast NAS, but it’s still quite a bit slower than what we’d recommend for a Roon Core, and it’s not clear from this thread whether you’re running the database on an SSD or not.

Using an SSD is probably the single biggest performance factor, so that’s really going to matter here, but even if you are the CPU in that Synology is quite a bit slower than what we recommend. This shows you a comparison between that CPU and what we recommend as a minimum:

You can read more about why Roon requires a powerful Core here, and you can read about some of the side effects of an underpowered NAS Core here.

All of that said, I don't think this is a performance problem, at least not purely.

After looking over your diagnostics, this is what we’re seeing in your logs:

4/16 17:57:29 Warn: Error in web request https://api.tidalhifi.com/v1/users/27614475/favorites?countryCode=GB&sessionId=939b2c13-58ac-4d6a-9f09-7b7618a1b1b4&: NetworkError (System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00058] in <126998f2e5ae42fe95554117eb649feb>:0

at Sooloos.Tidal.Proxy+<>c_DisplayClass101_0.<HTTP>b_11 (System.IAsyncResult resp_ar) [0x00000] in /home/roon/roon/Tidal/tidal_http.cs:271 )

As well as this:

04/16 17:57:57 Warn: Error in web request https://metadata5.roonlabs.com/md/4/getmetadata?uid=de522e31-e73b-41aa-a8e2-0615bf130b33&lid=&token=eb092345-3bf1-445f-a735-e602a68f4e99&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303336333830393435&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303336333830393436&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303336333830393437&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303336333830393438&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303336333830393439&metadataid[]=79004d5730303032303032303331&metadataid[]=7e004d5130303031303138353236&metadataid[]=7e004d5130303031303138353237: NetworkError (System.Net.WebException: Aborted.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00058] in <126998f2e5ae42fe95554117eb649feb>:0

at Sooloos.HttpClient+<>c_DisplayClass8_1.<GET>b_2 (System.IAsyncResult resp_ar) [0x0000d] in /home/roon/roon/RoonBase/httputils.cs:172 )

What you’re seeing here is that Roon is failing to connect to multiple web servers, both Roon’s and TIDAL’s.

Since you said everything is working with the Windows machine, my advice would be to start by checking the network settings on your NAS. My guess is that something is awry there, possibly in DNS settings, and that’s really the cause of these failures, although it’s possible that performance problems are exacerbating the problem as well.

Hopefully that gives you an idea of where to go next here, but let us know if you’re still stuck and @support can take another look at this.

I will get back to you if I have further issues but helping me narrow it down to a networking issue has allowed me to reset all of my networking settings and go through them one by one and I think I have fixed it.
Thank you all so much for the support, it has been greatly appreciated.

I have a separate issue regarding the roon App not staying open on my samsung s8 plus do I create a new topic or can you help me with it on here ?
It’s like it doesn’t stay in the system memory so gets closed down after a few minutes to save on resources.

@support can help you with that, but a new thread would be best – I would check battery settings first, usually Android has a way to prevent certain apps from getting clobbered in the background, but that varies from version to version, and device to device.

When you open a new thread for the Android issue, just make sure you include what version of Android you’re using and they’ll make sure we get that squared away for you as well.

Thanks Ryan!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.