"Time Listened Last 4 Weeks" is stuck at 0 minutes [Ticket In]

So much for my theory that it’s tied to scheduled backups. I’ve been listening all day, and just checked which page I was going to leave Windows 10 Remote on for the night so I could check it in the morning. Somewhere between this morning and tonight, my NUC/Core “0’d” itself again. Beats me.

1 Like

Are you sure that this issue was reported in #early-access? I couldn’t find it.

Since this thread is in the #roon category, it may have been missed by the Support team, since they are automatically notified by posts in the #support category, and not here.

I’m flagging @support here just to make sure that they are aware of this issue.

1 Like

Hi Geoff it is this thread here.

While it has been fixed for most people in early access there is another bug being triggered on some systems still (including mine)

3 Likes

Ah - got it, thanks…

2 Likes

Same issue for me. Reboot fixes it but only for the day.

1 Like

#metoo fix quickly por favor.

1 Like

Sadly. It’s gone again here as well.

1 Like

Yeah, not so fast to hand a free get out of jail card IMO. This isn’t an obscure feature that’s rarely used or a unique situation. It’s a fundamental front and center function of the product. How it makes it to a final release version without QC catching is is beyond me.

1 Like

Quite predictable now. Since it’s a cosmetic issue that’s a minor inconvenience, with no effect on playback, I won’t keep restarting Core each day to test it. I’m going to assume Roon has a firm understanding of the issue, and will resolve it in the next release. Cheers and thanks.

3 Likes

Yeah, same issue here - first time I’m noticing it is now, hence the visit to the forum

I’ve had something like this happen for a long time - prior to the current release - only when leaving the Roon client open for too long (several days). Relaunching Roon client seems to fix it for me. I run automatic backups and do not have an issue with needing to reboot my core; I do not reboot my core unless there is an update.

This error comes and goes. Daily.
You don’t have to start the core (ROCK), it’s enough to restart the software in the web browser. Then it goes again for a while.
And not only are the statistics of the last 4 weeks missing - as is so often the case here - but also the fields below (genre, for example) are empty for me.
The error occurs on all clients. (Win 64, Android phones/tablets)

This happened to me today too. I am on my normal profile, have tons of history and my “What you’ve been listening to” is current and correct looking (for all time ranges). The Recent Listening section is all empty (no times listed). No recent updates or issues with catalog/backups as far as I know. I’m on Roon/Rock 2.0 (1272).

Hi All,

Thanks for the reports here, I’ve forwarded this to QA and we are scheduling some testing in this area to see if we can reproduce the issue on our end. We will keep everyone appraised if more information is needed, thanks again for the reports!

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I restarted my Rock server and the Recent Listening section repopulated correctly.

1 Like

It did so here as well on my Linux powered core. Only to show up empty the next day again.

1 Like

Same problem here no matter what remote I’m using (Mac, iPad or iPhone). I’m on Roon/Rock 2.0 (1272). Restart brings back Recent listening - but after a while it disappears until next restart.

1 Like

Yep, the same for me. This morning, all 0’s again. Restarted my Roon/Rock core and Recent Listening times returned.

I’m having the same issues which can be solved by a restart of the roon core. Furthermore the counter doesn’t move on for some time since yesterday. It stays at 5 Std. 11 Min. while 3 songs are playing and then jumps to the new correct playing time 5 Std. 24 Min. At the moment it stucks on 5 Std. 37 Min. without any movement. All other things of roon seem to work well as expected.

Yep same here. Reboot core does bring it back but after a day or so it’s gone again.