Title: Issue with Roon ARC Feature Suddenly Not Working (ref#8KPMNC)

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· I can't log into ARC but I can log into Roon

Describe the issue

Subject: Roon ARC Not Working Suddenly

Dear Roon Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing to seek your assistance regarding an issue with the Roon ARC feature, which stopped working suddenly two weeks ago. I did not make any changes to my system or network settings, yet the feature ceased to function.

Over the past two weeks, I have been quite frustrated with this issue. I checked my router settings, and everything remains unchanged. Both the UPnP and port forwarding features are enabled, and I still have a public IP address, just as before.

In the Roon software settings, I noticed that the "Testing" option under Roon ARC is continuously spinning without any resolution. I am puzzled as to why the Roon ARC feature suddenly stopped working.

This functionality is very important to me as I use it daily to listen to music through CarPlay in my car.

Could you please help me troubleshoot and resolve this issue as soon as possible?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Dr. Yun Xia

Describe your network setup

Router:RT-AX86U Pro,Both the UPnP and port forwarding features are enabled, and I still have a public IP address, just as before.

Hi @Xia_Yun,

Thank you for your post.

The port test in Roon Settings → ARC simulates a connection to ARC by pinging an upstream service and listening on the assigned port for a predetermined response. The most likely explanation for what you’re encountering is a timeout when attempting to ping that upstream server.

Geographic restrictions and content availability from upstream services are unfortunately outside of Roon’s control. Are you using a VPN on your RoonServer machine with Roon and Roon ARC? Other users can likely assist if so.