Titles showing up as Mp3 and CD

I have loaded most of my libabry. Many titles show up twice. One as an Mp3 album and one as a cd version. I have confirmed that I only have 1 instance, so now I’m confused. @dylan

Hey @Ben_Katz,

Can you show me an example of what you’re seeing? Can you share screenshots of this? If you can share screenshots of:

• The album showing both versions
  • View File Info for a track for each version of the album

Thanks,
Dylan

again I cannot share screen shots because the computer that ouputs to the TV does not have email. What is happening is, for example, Miles Davis, Kind of Blue. I have 5 versions of it. 1 redbook CD, one 5.1, one japanese remaster, and 2 two Hi Rez. I see 6 versions. the 5 I have and an Mp3 version, which I do not have…

Hey @Ben_Katz,

Since screenshots aren’t possible, can you share the path for each version that you see in View File Info for one of the tracks?

Thanks,
Dylan

I know it won’t produce the best images, but you could take a photographs of the TV screen and then update those images.

Webmail, Dropbox, Onedrive? If it can browse the internet (?) all those are possible.

1 Like

I think i found the problem. let’s say I have a folder with the top 1000 songs of the 70’s. Roon sets each track up as an album. So if I have the redbook version of Gerry Rafferty’s City to city, I see that as a cd but also the track Baker Street as an mp3 album of City to City… is this correct?

Hey @Ben_Katz,

That is correct. Roon will try to identify the album that these tracks belong to and will place them in the appropriate album. In the example you shared above, this would result in the two different versions of the album.

-Dylan

got it. Ok so I sometimes have 7 or 8 versions of an album.