Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock
Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock
- Making the primary version of an album dependent on the capabilities of an audio zone. E.g. it would be great to have the DSD version to be the primary version for my USB headphone DAC but the 5.1 version for my main multichannel system.
- Have the favourite tracks (heart) selector and history tab also in the (Android) mobile app.
- More lyrics, and better tracking of different versions a song for better synchronization.
- Wave instead of flat line and dynamic range analysis for Tidal songs (so completely source independent).
- DSP volume adjustment combined with the device volume normalization (i.e. not as a convolution filter, not as two seperate signal path calculations).
- Direct control of Android audio devices (sound of USB Audio Player is better) or, if impossible, integration with USB Audio Player.
- Selection (focus) of Live Radio stations e.g. based on bitrate.
- Video clips through Chromecast.
- Mobile version (through dedicated and automatic (no user fuss) VPN).
- DSD albums as format focus results also when DSD is not the primary version (see also 1.).
Very good, competitive requests. One point more:
- Advanced AI integration (Assistant/Alexa/Siri). Not only basics, but vocal interface for all things. Roon support now mic devices (Sonos, Apple, Google), you could do this w/out smart speakers too (handhelds), a lot of possibilities. Every PC have mic also. So use your voice to full control and menagement yours own collection, find new ones and more…
- An option to use a simple text library UI, without the huge thumbnails and wasted space. One line for each track. Album Artist - Album - Track. Whole library display with filters, etc.
I appreciate the image-heavy UI is great when used on a remote display, but when used on a Mac to control another player it’s just cumbersome. I’ve looked around for other apps with this UI and found a few but they’re lacking DSP features.
Please add this - I’ll be 100% happy with Roon. At present I like it for its functionality despite the interface.
edit: I see a lot of this is already there in the Tracks list. Is there any reason that genre isn’t there as a column? Can I edit this somewhere? If so, I’m happy!
Oddly I also noticed this the other day and thing it would be a good column to have added too. Though perhaps Focus is an option to use here.
Because, in the Roon world, Genre is an attribute of an album, not of a track.
It’s also a long-requested feature, but still not realised.
You can use Focus in the Track browser to filter on Genre - but this is still the genre of the album containing the track, not the genre of the individual track, as noted in this KB article:
Search by humming. Observe that I proposed this feature on March 8,
#156. Now those schlubs at Google have stolen my idea. We’ll see them in court! /s
YOu’ve been able to do that through SoundHound for years, I think.
Yep soundhound had this for years
Shazam followed later
And now also Google
Oh man, nobody, not even an AI, wants to hear me try and hum a tune!
My main request:
- Deep Zoom functionality for album art to allow me to read the small text on Album art JPG-files.
Actually this is my only feature request
Nice Idea. Hopefully with a modern touch interface with gestures and not 20 Buttons.
This assumes artwork in a good enough resolution to read it
And beyond resolution, good quality resolution, which is even more of a problem given the number of dreadful scans full of halftone patterns in the metadata databases.
So far, I only have a few requests.
- Ability to create custom radio stations with several artists or individual tracks as inputs. Or entire playlists (within reason – maybe up to 25 tracks / randomly select 25 tracks from larger playlists). I’d also like to see it keep track of the past 1,000 (3,000?) songs that it played on a particular custom station, and not repeat any songs, even between listening sessions (because a big problem with radio on other services is that it’s insanely repetitive and gets boring quick). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add custom radio. Roon Radio is so damn awesome that it seems criminal to limit it to a single track as the input. Roon Radio is the killer feature that brought me to Roon.
- While that’s what I want as a minimum improvement to radio, it would also be great if Roon’s algorithms could generate radio stations for me. Similar to Spotify’s “Daily Mixes”, except algo-generated radio stations based on my Roon listening habits.
An option to automatically select the “best” quality of an album in my Library, whether from my personal iTunes collection or Qobuz. I’m only asking for this as an option, as yes I do realize that the current default is already what many people want. I’d rather listen to what’s on Qobuz, because it’s rare that their 24-bit versions don’t sound better than my own CD rips. The current situation to select a Qobuz version as the preferred version is super tedious.
Generally, I wish the iOS app was a bit more polished. The iPad app isn’t too bad but the iPhone app needs some serious overhaul. It seems like a B-grade hasty port from some other platform and is nowhere near as nice as Qobuz’ A+ quality iPhone app.
Bringing some of my recommendations made in another post here as it might catch more eye time. Frankly, due to the lousy implementation or lack of the below features, especially how limiting the Roon Radio is (limited to ONE song to guess what to play…and even then it gets things wrong…see below…)…I am switching back to native Tidal app every now and then. Being a Lifetime subscriber who paid USD 699 for a piece of SW…that feels really sad and frustrating…i wish they had a refund policy!!!
Tidal integration needs improvements - the following improvements ASAP - I only use Roon to listen to Tidal and have no local files:
- Integration of My Mixes - Dont say it can be done as my USB Audio Player Pro App in Android has this…
- MOST IMPORTANT: When I select an artist by clicking it…No TOP SONGS are displayed only songs in my Library (already fav in Tidal) appear with full Tidal Albums below…i need to see all songs in track list form when i select an artist
- The ‘Tracks’ in Tidal ‘Favorites’ section (not ‘Tracks’ section) cannot be sorted by date added and I have to navigate to Tracks section and then sort by date - I want to be able to sort things everywhere…its dumb that I cant so it already!
- The ‘Tracks’ section doesnt keep the selected sort upon restart ie it sorts the track list back to first song earlier and new ones below…I always have to reset the sorting to newer songs first.
- The Roon Radio should be able to run radios for artists, albums and playlists etc…not just one song thats playing…thats dumb!
- The ‘Discover’ section should feature songs not just from my Library but also from other Tidal sources ie songs i have not heard before and those not from my Library. Assuming i know my Library well already, the ‘Discover’ feature telling me the same info is Dumb too!
While you guys are at it and if Valence is such a big deal…bring in some smart playlists and a Flow feature (Playing unlimited songs based on my overall preference - Like Deezer…but better!)…coz franky I am finding it very hard to say that Roon enhances my music experience any more than Tidal native app already does!
It does this now. From Artist View, click Play Now selecting Radio. It plays selections of the artists work across the streaming service and your local library. It is one of my favorite Roon features.
Select the down arrow in the Play Now button right next to the Artist’s photo -> there are 3 choices - Play Now, Roon Radio, Shuffle.
You know there is one frustrating aspect of this and some other threads and thats that some of the most obvious requests like having Tidal ‘My Mixes’ or Artist Top tracks (in all cases not for a few) or having Radio work for playlists (more than one song…) etc. have been posted in multiple places and for quite a few years now…but the developers do not seem to care now do they?! From where I stand, any legitimate and possible enhancements should take max a few months to implement for a SW intensive place such as Roon Labs. Just felt like pointing the obvious. No offence intended!