Tower Records London

Tower Records is back… I loved that London store, though I was closer to the Watt Avenue store in Sacramento.

https://towerrecords.com/products/white-tower-records-london-shirt

3 Likes

I cant even start to count the hours ( and ££££) I‘ve spend in that store in the early 90‘s during my London ‚tenure‘ :grinning: Good memories.

I spent lots of time (and money) at their location on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood. I love London and I’m so glad you got yours back. I hope we do too someday.

The store that introduced me to Alberta Hunter.

1 Like

We don’t have them in Australia, or at least not Melbourne, but I visited the Tower Records store in Tokyo a couple of years ago. It was fascinating. A whole floor devoted to Kpop.

Oh I loved browsing in that store when I was in London, always came out with a number of CDs regardless of what I went in for, but it was a long time ago now, and not been to London in a year

Excellent news. Loved browsing record stores. I spent a lot (!!) of money in Tower Records in New York City and San Francisco over the years.

The Tokyo Tower Records (you were probably talking about the one in Shibuya) is amazing. 9 floors of music meticulously organized by genre. Bands perform on the bottom floor. You can spend a day in there. Tower Records Japan bought out ownership from Tower Records US and was unaffected by the US bankruptcy. Seriously fun step back in time if you don’t live in Japan and get to visit the store…

3 Likes