Track count of display (X of Y) incorrect

Minor bug report:

On track view, the count of track being shown (14792) is greater than the total # of tracks (14663):

Not sure what’s going on here, but this information is displayed in a way that is a bit nonsensical.

Thanks -
Dan

Hello @Dan_Petit,

Thanks for the report. Could you please report if you are using a NAS or is this behavior happening on local storage?

-John

Local storage of files copied from a nas. I have had problems with the import functionality in the past and the track count is off vs actual files. If I can get a dump of file names Roon knows about I can probably figure out if there are problematic files contributing to the count discrepancies.

Same experience here:

Track count on:
Overview = 33271
Tracks = 32135 of 31793

I wouldn’t be surprised if duplicates/hidden tracks and albums are involved.

Tidal may well also have a role to play

My data store is a synology NAS.

Nick

I believe this problem has something to do with duplicate versions of files not being consistently counted by Roon. I have several recordings where I have downloaded 96/24 FLAC, DSD64, DSD128, and DSD256 versions. All files are found by Roon, and it categorizes them correctly as other versions, but apparently doesn’t include them consistently in track counts.

Hopefully this info will help with reproduction of the problem.

Xref here

Does the number correct itself if you change the order by which the tracks are viewed?

You can do this by; in track view, right click on a single track. Top of the screen now changes, saying 1 selected and “play now”. Use the “1 selected” option to select all. And use the “…” option next to “play now” to get to the export option; and use that to export to excel.

Not for me

Just a bit more info on this. After reloading some albums and ensuring that I am showing all duplicates, the tracks the export from Roon match those on my disk exactly, so that’s good. However, the total track count on the track view is still off. I see 15039 of 14944 tracks. The 15039 is correct (my actual track count on disk), but I don’t know where the 14944 is coming from (it matches the total # of tracks imported under Options/Storage). Toggling show hidden tracks on/off shows that I have 53 hidden tracks included in the 15039, but this alone doesn’t account for the discrepancy.

Take a peek under the library in settings, Clean up Library might the “missing” 42 tracks be listed there?

No. I had one file under there last week (a known corrupted file from a scratched disc), but I have since removed the bad file and cleaned the library.

@john Any update on this? The problem persists in the latest updates.

Hi There,

I am also having a similar issue. I only recently noticed the discrepancy in total track count. The number displayed on the left (6167) under “Tracks” is actually the correct total. I have verified this using MP3Tag which reports the same amount in library folder.

Recently I have been deleting albums from my library folder using Roon via the edit album option. I then re-ripped these albums and added them back into the library folder. Is it possible that the deleted albums have been subtracted from the total track count number and don’t get added back upon the library folder re-scan?

All ---- Thank you for the continued feedback and more importantly, thank you for your patience here. My apologies for the delay.

I wanted to touch base with all of you because I brought this thread to the attention of the team today and have since opened up an investigation ticket with them to see what we can come up with on our end. As the team passes feedback to me from their testing I will be sure to keep this thread up to date so everyone is kept in the loop. Your patience during this process is greatly appreciated!

-Eric