Track level editing on multiple albums - can it be done?

I want to stress that this is about TRACK level editing, not album level editing, which can easily be done on multiple albums at once.

The problem arises from my file and metadata structure, which is not wholly compatible with Roon for Classical albums.

With my setup, Roon will always derive a Primary Artist from the Composer, leading to absurd track information that say, Beethoven, performs on all the tracks.

This cannot be edited out at album level, and requires editing of the credits at track level. It is a very very tedious task doing each album individually, as there are several thousand of them.

What I want to know is, can I edit the credits on multiple albums simultaneously at TRACK level, to delete the spurious Primary Artist entries?

It appears that I cannot but I am hoping that somebody can show me that I am wrong!

Have you tried selecting multiple tracks (across albums) from within the My Tracks view?

It gives you an Add / Remove Credits option which may work for what you want.

I didn’t know that function was there. It seems to work! I just tried it on tracks across a couple albums and was able to remove the composer, in this case Beethoven and Shostakovich, as the primary artist . :+1:

A thousand thank-yous, this is clearly the answer I was looking for. I had completely forgotten that there was a Tracks view. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.